View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY III (6)

pro_worm
01-26-2003, 06:12 AM
Allright I'm $#@&%$*# sick of waiting, trudging through oodles of Bubbles Clones and Solitaire rip-offs and crappy shooting games. I want Final Fantasy 3. On my iPAQ. Now. Now. NOW!!!

Could there be a more perfect genre? The game doesn't even do diagnols (so no iPAQ control problems) save for Sabin's Blitz moves and those could very easily and very cleverly be done through the stylus (now THAT would be cool 8) And RPGs are slower-paced by nature - perfect for the unwieldly controls of your typical PDA. And talk about replayablity...
D
R
O
O
O
O
L
L

I am just about to finish Soccer Kid (www.soccerkid.co.uk), the Pocket PC version, and that is living proof that SNES games can absolutely be played on the Pocket PC after appropriate conversion with full sound and speed and everything. And let's face - Final Fantasy on Emu (even Bleeding Edge) just doesn't cut it. So Slooowww.... So I want a native PPC conversion. NOW. I would pay 50 bucks just like that if it came out.
And it would be so coool...

What do you think? And if you're just going to say "sorry it can't be done licensing squaresoft bla bla bla" then please spare the keyboard... :) :)

lipinski77
01-26-2003, 06:45 PM
I would most definately pay money for something like this. Plus I would not beat the crap out of my d-pad while playing. (or at least help) :oops:

I wouldn't even mind a Zelda remake from the old NES system. Those were some good times too. :wink:

Fishie
01-26-2003, 09:23 PM
As a free lance gamesjournalist I get reimbursed to play or chat with developers, that being said lately I found myself replaying Phantasy Star (awesome master system RPG ) on my PPC.
Can a midlife crisis be far away?

pro_worm
01-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Actually the original NES Zelda works super on any ARM device using the Yame Emulator (check out www.pocketgamer.org's game listings for a link)

Unfortunately, FF3 does not :(