View Full Version : I'm new...

Massman82
01-25-2003, 04:35 AM
Hi guys!

I recently bought a NX series and it is great. I do not want to switch but... I always want to see the other side...

What are the advantages of a Pocket PC over a Palm. (I don't care if their biased, I'll answer you guys biasedly too!) :)

Here's the good about the NX:

1) Tons of programs (Including some great games!)
2) It looks cool
3) Great screen resolution
4) It's FAST!!!
5) It's a great organizer
6) There is no six ;)

Massman82
01-26-2003, 02:32 AM
Oh come on guys!

Even I know the good about Pocket PC's...I really seriously considered buying a Dell Axim before I bought the Sony. This thread was not meant to convert people to Palm but to educate people who either want to convert to Pocket PC or to Palm.

Here are some things that are great about Pocket PC's:

1) Many games are superior to their Palm counterparts and many just don't exist on the Palm.
2) Lots of great emulators (Yeah, I'm jelous)
3) Although I dislike Microsoft, they are dependable and we all know that they won't go away, so unlike Palm, Pocket PC's are almost certainly staying. (Even though I think Palm will stay too, they are not as big and do not have as deep pockets as Pocket PC's do.

What else is there? I might still buy myself a Pocket PC if you convince me.
Also, I'm surprised noone sent me hate-mail for this yet ;). I'm not trying to convert anyone!

spursdude
01-26-2003, 03:29 AM
1. File systems, for one. Just opening up File Explorer and seeing all your documents, music, and system files organized into folders and accessible to you beats the heck out of Palm in that matter.

2. CF slots. Cameras, wireless cards, ethernet, modems, flash memory, Microdrives, bar-code scanners, PC-card adapters...the list goes on. That's one huge advantage over Palm-based devices. Sure, the HandEra had a CF slot, but I don't think they're still around anymore.

3. Plays / displays nearly any multimedia available with usually free software. MP3, wma, ogg, avi, mpeg, wmv, wav, jpeg, tif, bmp, gif.

4. There is no 4.

These were just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure other people can add many more.