View Full Version : Axim Loses Power?

bryant
01-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Today I was playing a game of Pocket Solitare on my 400 MHz Axim. Suddenly the screen went blank. At first I thought it has just dimmed but quickly realized that the unit had turned itself off. I turned the unit back on and saw the Dell start-up screen for about half a second, then the screen had a bunch of lines go across it, and then it went blank again.

I tried to turn it on several more times with similar results. Finally I just let it sit for a minute, turned it on, and it started up normally. I got a message about a power loss and possible lost data.

I got this message once before when a friend of mine turned it on and couldn't get it to work. I assumed that he had somehow reset it. But now I'm pretty sure this power failure happened when he turned it on.

Anyone else experience this? Should I call Dell and get it replaced?

Thanks!

--
Bryant

blazingwolf
01-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Sounds like it is time for a replacement. That is definetly not normal.

TheBacklash
01-25-2003, 01:28 AM
How long since your last charge on the axim?

Thats what happens when the battery is totaly drained...My Ipaq does this, alot... But it does not have the stamina my Dell does.

bryant
01-25-2003, 02:27 AM
The battery was at 97% when this happened. I guess I should put a call in to Dell's tech support. :?

Thanks!

--
Bryant

mscdex
01-25-2003, 03:10 AM
You can't always go by what the software battery meter says....

bryant
01-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Well I know it was close to fully charged, even if it wasn't 97%. It had been sitting in its cradle prior to using and I hadn't been using it for very long.

--
Bryant