View Full Version : Games?

Monty Gibson
01-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Pocket PC Phone Users:

Which games do you think are the best on the market right now and which companies do you think will "make it" as far as longevity is concerned?

I purchased the "Tennis/Soccer Addict" combo from Hexacto and am exactly as it states "addict." I can't put that tennis game down to save my life. Soccer is another story... it's quite strange still to me still. Anyway, I have those, plus "Z!OSoft's Golf 2," "Geopod," "The Mark" from Flux with the Amsterdam scenery as well and I've thought about getting "Blood and Ocean."

I prefer first person shooter games but cannot seem to find any good ones. I don't have a Sega nor do I have a Nintendo so emulators are out of the question. Anyway, just a random topic to talk about. And yes Steven, if this is off topic you have my permission to move it 8).

Steven Cedrone
01-24-2003, 08:12 PM
And yes Steven, if this is off topic you have my permission to move it 8).

Nah...

I saw the words "Pcket PC Phone" in the post... :wink:

Steve

Monty Gibson
01-24-2003, 08:15 PM

Nah...

Steve

:lol: Man, that's funny. Yes, I try to pretext everything with "Pocket PC Phone" or at least end a sentence or two with "Pocket PC Phone." I'm glad that it works :lol:

danmanmayer
01-25-2003, 06:40 PM
It looks good but i am wondering about the frame rate and how easy the controls are. Cause quake was quite difficult to play with the controls.

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 04:12 AM
It looks good but i am wondering about the frame rate and how easy the controls are. Cause quake was quite difficult to play with the controls.

I just downloaded Quake and Quake II today and was about to install them on the device and see how they operate. The "D" pad is quite small so it is interesting to me to see for myself as well. I have the Thumboard for the PPCPE, so I am wondering if it will recognize the arrows. Not that it would be that much easier... just a technical idea.

Brad Adrian
02-02-2003, 04:40 AM
I go in more for the cerebral strategy games [translated: I'm way too stoopid and slow to handle shoot-em-ups]. I am addicted to Handmark's Scrabble and Monopoly. But, as has been mentioned a lot, they're kinda pricy.

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 04:38 PM
I go in more for the cerebral strategy games [translated: I'm way too stoopid and slow to handle shoot-em-ups]. I am addicted to Handmark's Scrabble and Monopoly. But, as has been mentioned a lot, they're kinda pricy.

The ones I have on my PPCPE now (registered) are as follows:
-Metallion
-ZioGolf 2 (plus add on courses)
-Tennis Addict
-Soccer Addict (not really a soccer fan, it came bundled)
-Need For Speed
Waiting for:
-Hover Ace
-Spawn
-Kasparov Chess
-Darxide
-Radium (have you seen the main character :lol: *think Laura Croft, but blonde*)
http://www.radiumgame.com/characters/nova.jpg

I don't enjoy games that are not graphically gorgeous, nor challenging. I don't have time for them... sounds rude, but for the prices they are charging it has to be top of the line for me or I am not parting with my U.S. $20-30.00.

With that said I've found that ZioSoft (although more a distributor of games than anything) to be the best at piping out excellent games. Does anyone know of any other company that promotes highly detailed and challenging games?

Pony99CA
02-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Nah...

I don't know -- it sounds like a general discussion of games to me. Will any of the games mentioned not run on a regular Pocket PC?

If DsneFmly was asking about games that download to the Pocket PC Phone Edition over the phone network, that would be different, of course.

If he just wants general Pocket PC games, there are many other threads where good games have been discussed. Or were you just in an easy-going mood today? :-D

Steve

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 05:54 PM
If DsneFmly was asking about games that download to the Pocket PC Phone Edition over the phone network, that would be different, of course.

If he just wants general Pocket PC games, there are many other threads where good games have been discussed. Or were you just in an easy-going mood today? :-D

Steve

Confucius once said: The more you stir poop in a pot, the more it stinks :lol:. Confucius probably didn't say that, but it fits... just kidding.

Pony99CA
02-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Confucius once said: The more you stir poop in a pot, the more it stinks :lol:. Confucius probably didn't say that, but it fits... just kidding.
So you want stinky games. Got it. :razzing:

Steve

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 09:03 PM
So you want stinky games. Got it. :razzing:

Steve

Are they free :lol:? I'll take anything that's for free :lol:!

Eciton
02-02-2003, 09:05 PM
Or games that handle the Phone Edition's lack of buttons... especially the record button, which often accesses a game's menu to quit, save, pause etc.

That would bring it back on topic :D

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Or games that handle the Phone Edition's lack of buttons... especially the record button, which often accesses a game's menu to quit, save, pause etc.

That would bring it back on topic :D

Thanks for the save! Glad to see someone has my back around here :rofl:

Eciton
02-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Pleasure ;)

To kick off, I'm currently reviewing ZIOSoft's Spawn, and it works with the exception of the pause button - so you have to play through an entire level at a go.

Monty Gibson
02-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Pleasure ;)

To kick off, I'm currently reviewing ZIOSoft's Spawn, and it works with the exception of the pause button - so you have to play through an entire level at a go.

And how; exactly, did we get so lucky :cry:? I wanna to play too... (7 year old whiny voice...). Is it graphically intense? From what I've seen, it looks as if this is THE game of 2003 thus far (February 2nd not being too far into the new year :))

Eciton
02-03-2003, 03:14 AM
You will have to wait until the review goes live, I'm afraid - no more spoilers for you! And as to how I got so lucky, I write for infoSync, which is right up there with PPCThoughts ;) :D

Monty Gibson
02-03-2003, 12:37 PM
You will have to wait until the review goes live, I'm afraid - no more spoilers for you! And as to how I got so lucky, I write for infoSync, which is right up there with PPCThoughts ;) :D

Excellent. Congratulations and I hope that it's what everyone is expecting it to be. Give it hell man, and run it through the ringer for all of us who can't! Good job and I can't wait to see it! Lucky dog... :twisted:

Eciton
02-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Review's up if you're interested ;)

Apologies to PPC Thoughts for the direct link:

http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/3006.html

Enjoy! :)

Monty Gibson
02-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Review's up if you're interested ;)

Apologies to PPC Thoughts for the direct link:

http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/3006.html

Enjoy! :)

Excellent review! Great graphics as I expected. I cannot wait for the release of this game. Thank you for the review.