View Full Version : Hard Reset AGAIN????

MLO
01-24-2003, 04:30 PM
I must have some sort of electromagnetic field that causes these things to happen. I have no other explanation...unless someone here can shed some light.

I recently, as some of you know, took back my e310 because I had had to hard reset it a total of four times since I obtained it. I got one of the e335's, since the 310 has been discontinued. I took it back to work, charged it up, and made a point of reinstalling all the essential software I use.

Fast forward two hours: I'm sitting in a midweek evening service...I go to open the NIV on Microsoft Reader, and bam! The device hard locks again. I couldn't soft reset it...couldn't turn off the device...couldn't anything until I hard reset the device. Then, of course, I couldn't read the NIV because I had just finished transferring it from storage card to internal memory (got to take advantage of the new 64MB goodness). AND, to add insult to injury...I hadn't even had a chance to do a backup yet...since I hadn't synced with my computer at home where all of my Outlook data is.

I had the same type of hard lock in MS Reader on my e310...not all the time, but just enough every once in a while to make things reeeally annoying. What on earth is going on??

MLO

mirkazemisaman
01-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Does your device lock up at the same point your e310 did? (Same program + same file???)

MLO
01-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Does your device lock up at the same point your e310 did? (Same program + same file???)

Yes. Same program, same file. But it doesn't happen all of the time.

MLO

mirkazemisaman
01-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Strange...

Janak Parekh
01-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Hmm. Sounds like there's either something wrong with the combination of that LIT file and MS Reader, or a conflict with a program you're installing.

The next time around, see if you can set up a contrived scenario with that book, i.e., don't install other apps.

Have you ever crashed anywhere else?

--janak

MLO
01-24-2003, 06:24 PM
I know. Very strange.

The first thing I did after installing all the apps this morning was to make a backup. If it happens again, I'm prepared.

MLO

MLO
01-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Hmm. Sounds like there's either something wrong with the combination of that LIT file and MS Reader, or a conflict with a program you're installing.

The next time around, see if you can set up a contrived scenario with that book, i.e., don't install other apps.

Have you ever crashed anywhere else?

--janak

Just those two times, with that .lit file.

I was using Kopsis Streamliner at the same time to take notes, however.
Also, the first time it locked up with the e335, I'd just copied the annotations folder from my old Pocket PC My Documents to the new Pocket PC My Documents folder.

MLO

Steven Cedrone
01-24-2003, 08:18 PM
MLO,

You may want to look into some of the Bible software out there (My favorite: Pocket Bible)...

Do a search in the forums on "Bible", I'm sure you'll find alot of good info...

All of them have to be better then .lit format and Reader...

Just my .02

Steve

MLO
01-24-2003, 09:13 PM
MLO,

You may want to look into some of the Bible software out there (My favorite: Pocket Bible)...

Do a search in the forums on "Bible", I'm sure you'll find alot of good info...

All of them have to be better then .lit format and Reader...

Just my .02

Steve

I've used Olive Tree software, and MS Reader, and I actually like being able to underline, make bookmarks, and do the occasional highlight that you can do with MS Reader.

I checked into Pocket Bible by Laridian software a while ago...I didn't like that I had to pay for both the reader software AND the bible version. With Olive Tree, or MS Reader, I pay for one or the other.

Just a thought

MLO

Steven Cedrone
01-24-2003, 09:23 PM
I've used Olive Tree software, and MS Reader, and I actually like being able to underline, make bookmarks, and do the occasional highlight that you can do with MS Reader.

I checked into Pocket Bible by Laridian software a while ago...I didn't like that I had to pay for both the reader software AND the bible version. With Olive Tree, or MS Reader, I pay for one or the other.

Just a thought

MLO

Fair enough... :wink:

How about finding a different copy of the NIV? Maybe the copy/version you have is corrupted somehow???

Steve

MLO
01-24-2003, 10:40 PM
I could try re-downloading it from Powell's
MLO