View Full Version : Attention Wi-Fi experts: Can't update Wi-Fi after ROM upgrade

tregnier
01-24-2003, 01:45 PM
I upgraded the ROM on my iPaq 3955 from 1.0 to 1.1. After some stumbles with the SD card, I got everything working except my Wi-Fi CF card (D-Link DCF-660W). I can't seem to get the software drivers loaded to the PDA.

When I click on "Install Drivers" on the desktop from the CD-ROM, it asks me if I want to uninstall the application. It doesn't even seem to be accessing the PDA. This is very frustrating. I have done 3 hard resets. It's like the software can't see the PDA. Has anybody out there "been there, done that"? Registry issue? 8O

Thanks in advance!

blazingwolf
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Have you tried the new driver? Another thread mentioned a version 2 driver for the 660 available on the dlink ftp site. Hopefully this will work because I have the same setup as you.

Eitel
01-24-2003, 03:45 PM
It asks you if you want to uninstall because you still have all the files on your PC. Either say yes and install it again, or just sync your PPC, then in AS on your PC go to "Tools - Add/Remove Programs" and select the drivers there so they can be installed to your PPC.