View Full Version : An idea for H5450/5455 users with low volume problems.

Jellyguy
01-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Try the application MP3Gain at this site:

http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/

It allows you to increase the volume on mp3 files. WARNING: Before running this, copy the mp3's you want to boost to another directory. This program will alter the selected mp3 files. It will NOT make copies of them. If you mess around with the originals, you might damage them, and then not be able to recover them.

Hope this helps!

Janak Parekh
01-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Hmm. I think it's a good start, but who wants to readjust their gigs of MP3s? And what about WMA/Ogg? Me, I'm hoping that the 5450's next ROM update will resolve the loudness. I'll be seriously considering getting one if that's the case.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

--janak

mirkazemisaman
01-24-2003, 05:12 PM
By the way, what is Ogg? Is that a new format? I have seen posts where people talk about it, but I don't know when it was "invented" and the difference between ogg and mp3 etc etc etc. Can someone explain it to me?

Janak Parekh
01-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Ogg Vorbis is a new codec (as opposed to MP3 or WMA). Completely open standard, no licensing fees. Happens to be extraordinarily good at low bitrates.

See www.vorbis.com for more info.

--janak

Jellyguy
01-24-2003, 10:41 PM
I agree, not exactly the kind of crap you expect to put up with when you spend $700 on a PDA.

As for wma/Ogg, I choose the mp3's I want on my iPaq, copy them, boost them with mp3Gain, and then use dbPoweramp to convert to wma.