View Full Version : Windows Media Audio 9 Encoding Question

Bandito
01-23-2003, 11:50 PM
:?: Do any of you use Windows Media 9 to copy music files to your PPC? I've recently started doing this, converting MP3s of 128-192 kbps to WMA9 of 64 kbps. I use the "Copy to CD or Device" option in Media Player. My problem is that it seems to add 1-2 seconds of silence to all my tracks. This is soooo frustrating, especially when I'm listening to electronica in which the tracks are supposed to mix into each other. Has anyone found a way around this? I really like the compression ration of WM9, but I can't stand the silence between tracks. Please offer any insight you may have into this problem.

The reason I came here before going to MS was that, well, I couldn't find any support options on windowsmedia.com (not even an email address - though maybe I'm just blind), and at support.microsoft.com, when I tried to email support a question, Windows Media was not listed as a supported product?! I'm not new to MS support, and usually it's pretty good, but it seems appalling that they don't have a support channel for their flagship media product (or at least a visible one) :? . Anyway, here's hoping someone's got a solution.

Bandito

spursdude
01-24-2003, 01:12 AM
You can get the Windows Media Bonus Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/bonuspack.aspx). It includes Plus Converter LE, which converts MP3 files into WMA. I don't know if it's WMA8 or 9, but regardless it's good quality.

And it doesn't add 1 or 2 seconds to each song.

Bandito
01-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Looks like a nice piece of software. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.