View Full Version : How do i view the processes of the ipaq

EddieH28
01-23-2003, 11:08 PM
is there a program that views the processes that are running on the ipaq like windows xp? i want to see what processes and progrmas are slowing the ipaq down

two_wheels
01-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Microsoft's Embedded Visual C++ tools contains a remote process viewer that allows you to see a lot of information about running processes, but it is run on the desktop, and the Embedded tools are about a 300 MB download.

bmhome1
01-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Rhinostats cpu graph and percent Today screen app shareware.
wimr (where is my RAM) freeware.

spursdude
01-24-2003, 01:38 AM
GigaBar will display the programs on your Start Menu....

EddieH28
01-24-2003, 01:43 AM
no i am looking for a program that does CPU usage meter

Pony99CA
01-24-2003, 03:59 AM
no i am looking for a program that does CPU usage meter
Well, you asked for something that displayed processes. I don't know of any utility for the Pocket PC that shows processes with CPU usage, but Citadel's Pocket Tools (http://www.citadeldevelopment.com/products/pockettools.asp) will show a lot of information, including processes (with thread count and DLL usage).

Steve

bmhome1
01-24-2003, 04:55 AM
Last time: Rhinostats! ok?

Pony99CA
01-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Last time: Rhinostats! ok?
If you mean this RhinoStats (http://www.rhinocode.com/rhinostats.htm), where does it show the processes?

Steve

P.S. Would putting a link somewhere kill you? :-) Someone would have to do a Google search to find it, as you didn't even mention the company name (RhinoCode).

bmhome1
01-24-2003, 08:47 PM
This thread is like a moving target, the question keeps changing!

OK

CPU "meter" is Rhinostats ($5.00 separate application from the bloated Rhinosuite). Ten second search in Handago.

CPU time and threads is PHM task Manager. Don't have a link, do a search.

wirm is display of all RAM in use. Don't have a link, do a serach.

I always post links for specific answers or sources IF I saved them, which I usually do. I DO NOT save links to products that one can easily find in a search. Searching on your own is a GOOD thing. I've learned most of my answers that way. :wink:

Pony99CA
01-25-2003, 11:49 AM
CPU time and threads is PHM task Manager. Don't have a link, do a search.

I'd seen PHM Task Manager (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/taskmgr.asp) before, but didn't notice it included CPU time (the images don't show that). I guess I should have read the text more closely. :oops: Anyway, the link is there now.

I always post links for specific answers or sources IF I saved them, which I usually do. I DO NOT save links to products that one can easily find in a search. Searching on your own is a GOOD thing. I've learned most of my answers that way. :wink:

I don't save links to every product, either, but I do have a links page at my Pocket PC site (http://www.garlic.com/~svvg/svvgppc.html#LINKS) for places I've found useful.

I agree that people should search on their own before they ask a question. Doing a Google search on "Pocket PC" task manager listed the PHM Task Manager as the second real (non-paid) link.

However, if someone asks a question and I make a specific recommendation, I really feel that I should give a link to that person. Why be only semi-helpful? :-)

Anyway, I suspect EddieH28 has more than enough to go on. :-)

Steve

bmhome1
01-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Steve

Your Silicon Valley PPC site may be the largest collection of links I've seen! It's going to take a LONG time exploring them all, Thanks!

Pony99CA
01-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Your Silicon Valley PPC site may be the largest collection of links I've seen! It's going to take a LONG time exploring them all, Thanks!
No problem. I used to keep them in my Bookmarks in Netscape, but then I couldn't use them in IE or on another computer. That, and sharing the eBooks I created, was the impetus to start my own Pocket PC Web page.

Now if I can only stop being too lazy to write some reviews.... :-)

Steve