View Full Version : Initial Charging Time: Less Than One Hour??

MLO
01-23-2003, 08:30 PM
As you all know, I returned my Toshiba e310 because I had to hard-reset it one too many times. I picked up an e335 to take its place.

The quick start instruction sheet that came with the unit says, in regards to initially charging the device:

"When the built-in battery is completely charged, the LED/Alarm lamp color changes to green."

and

"Charging time to fully charge the built-in battery for the first time, or when completely drained is approximately four hours."

Well. I hooked up the charger to the device, and in less than an hour, the LED turned green, indicating the unit is fully charged.

I'm confused. Should I start using it, or leave it hooked up for a couple of more hours...just to be on the safe side?

MLO

Dave Beauvais
01-23-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm confused. Should I start using it, or leave it hooked up for a couple of more hours...just to be on the safe side?
Well, theoretically, if the unit says it's fully charged then it's fully charged. As with many things in life, however, theory and reality are often vastly different things. ;) In this case, though, I think you're okay using it if the LED indicates it's fully charged.

--Dave

Kati Compton
01-23-2003, 09:34 PM
The Dell Axim suggested 4 hours, but was "done" in less. I think most people left it for the full 4 hours just in case.

Sven Johannsen
01-23-2003, 11:57 PM
The device battery was probably not in the device when you got it. The LIon batteries will hold a good charge for a remarkably long time when not connected to anything. Likely yours had been charged at the factory before being boxed up and hadn't lost a lot. No way for them to know if it will sit on a shelf for 1 month or 10, so they worst case the initial charge times. Green means go.