View Full Version : Rebate deadline missed

Job
01-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Is there any way to get your money after the rebate deadline has passed?

Janak Parekh
01-23-2003, 05:51 AM
Very, very hard. Rebate companies make it hard to do it in the first place. Predating the stamp would do it, but that's probably illegal.

--janak

bryant
01-23-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure if this would work or not, but it might be worth a phone call. I just got the latest Dell catalog in the mail on 1/21 (note the rebate expired on 1/19). On page 38 they show the Axim and list the price as $199 and $299 after the $50 rebate.

Now I'm not a legal expert, but it seems to me they would have to give you the rebate since they are advertising it after it has already expired.

--
Bryant

Job
01-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Bryant: The way the rebate works is you have thirty days to postmark your rebate form. So just because my rebate is expired does not mean that everyone else's is.

bryant
01-24-2003, 05:01 AM
Bryant: The way the rebate works is you have thirty days to postmark your rebate form. So just because my rebate is expired does not mean that everyone else's is.

I thought you were referring to the fact that the order deadline for getting the rebate was 1/19.

yellowdemon
01-24-2003, 05:19 PM
I would give it a shot anyway. I have come very close to or have missed deadlines on rebates several times, but I have always recieved my rebate. I think often that they are not as strict as they could be.

dbman
01-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Call Dell customer service and ask them to honor the rebate. I sent my rebate in the day after I recieved my Axim and rebate.com lost it. Since the rebate code changes quite often, it was different from when I sent mine in. Of course, I did not write the code down since I thought it would always be the same and available on the web. Without that exact number, rebate.com can not find you in their computers.

My Dell rep immediately credited my charge card for the $50. There was absolutely no hesitation either. I received my credit memo yesterday from Dell. Great service!