View Full Version : Battery usage patterns

felixdd
01-23-2003, 04:02 AM
Lately, I've become quite concerned over my battery -- it seems like it's beginning to die on me. Earlier in the year I only used it as an MP3 player while commuting, and the odd info "lookup" while on campus. But lately, I've also been using it for an extra 40 minutes because I have to walk to the subway station instead of getting driven.

However, when earlier in the year my battery life on my Jornada only goes down 25% after the whole day. Now I'm seeing 50%...and maybe even 25% (when I was playing Argentum on the subway instead of listening to WMP).

I usually charge it right after I get home...and depending on what happens either leave it on the cradle until I go to bed, or yank it out when it's finished charging. But I put it back in when I have to resync some files so on the average I may put it into the cradle 2/3 times per nite.

I've also had the unit since last summer.

Now I've heard about an average battery lasting around 400-500 cycles. I'm getting concerned that after a half-a-year my battery is already dying on me.

What are the charge patterns for y'all out there? How often do you charge per day? How long have you had your PPC? And how has battery life been since day 1?

vincentsiaw
01-23-2003, 04:39 AM
every battery will die eventually, my ipaq 3900 after 4 month of usage, start to lose its power, it used to handle 8 hours straight playing mp3 with screen off. now hardly make it to 6, but it's not a big deal, when the times comes, just change the battery!