View Full Version : Weird Inbox Sync Problem, Please Help.

itsme123
01-22-2003, 09:18 PM
I've got an iPaq 5455 and the inbox does not sync correctly to/from Outlook 2000. When there is new mail (opened and un-opened) they get synced to PPC Inbox. But when those mails are deleted on Outlook 2000, it does not get deleted on the PPC Inbox. Also in the inbox tools menu (service set to Activesync), the "Empty Deleted Items" and "Manage Folders" option are greyed out. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks!

Mike

rhendriks
01-24-2003, 09:58 PM
I've got an iPaq 5455 and the inbox does not sync correctly to/from Outlook 2000. When there is new mail (opened and un-opened) they get synced to PPC Inbox. But when those mails are deleted on Outlook 2000, it does not get deleted on the PPC Inbox. Also in the inbox tools menu (service set to Activesync), the "Empty Deleted Items" and "Manage Folders" option are greyed out. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks!

Mike

Hello Mike,

I've the same problem with my paq H3970 and I'm sorry but I don't know how this can happen. I've been looking on several forums but didn't find any matching solutions. So we'll have to wait until somebody has a solution for it.

Kind regards, Ryan

rhendriks
01-25-2003, 07:30 AM

Mike

Mike, I think I found it, I've updated my ROM-version and after all I had te reconfigure my device also with activesync setting up a bew partnership and now it sync's correct for the moment.

Regards, Ryan

itsme123
01-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think maybe a new version of the ActiveSync might work. I am pretty sure that I have the latest rom because its the ipaq 5455 (somebody correct me if I am wrong). I am going to call HP tech support next week to see what they can come up with. I'll keep you posted for the result.

Mike