View Full Version : Random User Survey #9

Jason Dunn
01-23-2003, 06:00 PM
I know that we have a wide variety of readers, and sometimes I'm surprised when I hear from certain people that they read this site: CEOs, CTOs, etc. So here's a question that I've been wondering about for a while.<br /><br />By the way, if you're a one-person company (SOHO), then you count too! This survey is focused strictly on business users, so if you're a personal user, please click on the "discuss" link to get the survey results.

Eitel
01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
I do pretty much 75% of the hardware evals on my company for Corporate. I just finish my eval on the Toshiba Portege 3500 Tablet PC and I have a 5450 eval next.

So, if I say no way, it means no way, unless a VP really really wants it. :D

nz0eBoy
01-23-2003, 07:50 PM
I do pretty much 75% of the hardware evals on my company for Corporate. I just finish my eval on the Toshiba Portege 3500 Tablet PC and I have a 5450 eval next.

I want your job!

wrightca
01-23-2003, 08:07 PM
I'm in the US Air Force.

Our idea of mobile is if it can fit in a C-5 Galaxy an be able to close the doors.

You got any PDAs that can take a round from an A-10 and still work?

Ed Hansberry
01-23-2003, 08:22 PM
LOL! :lol: Still amazes me that the gun was built first then they said "Ok, let's build a plane around it." 3,900 rounds per minute! :crazyeyes:

pocketpcdude1024
01-23-2003, 08:54 PM
I saw this poll and immediately voted "My spouse tells me what PDA to buy" (or whatever the option was), but looking at the results, I see 25% have complete control and 30% have most control over the PDAs at their job. Perhaps this was for those that work at a big company and have technological influence only. :oops: Was it? Or was it OK that I voted?

Jason Dunn
01-24-2003, 01:25 AM
I saw this poll and immediately voted "My spouse tells me what PDA to buy" (or whatever the option was), but looking at the results, I see 25% have complete control and 30% have most control over the PDAs at their job. Perhaps this was for those that work at a big company and have technological influence only. :oops: Was it? Or was it OK that I voted?

No worries - the spouse option was our "throw away" result. The last one is always the "funny" option that won't be included in our results. :-)

Gordo
01-24-2003, 05:01 AM
I needed to vote for two categories. The real one and the one where my wife decides.

nosmohtac
01-24-2003, 05:24 AM
I am just a personal user, so I didn't vote, but was interested in seeing the results.
I keep hitting the discuss link but it doesn't show me the poll results.

Jason Dunn
01-24-2003, 05:45 AM
I am just a personal user, so I didn't vote, but was interested in seeing the results.
I keep hitting the discuss link but it doesn't show me the poll results.

Look up...look way up... :wink: (they're at the top of the page)

juni
01-24-2003, 11:33 AM
So if you answer "I have a significant voice in which mobile technologies my company implements." you'll start getting "promotional" emails from companies? ;)

Eitel
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
So if you answer "I have a significant voice in which mobile technologies my company implements." you'll start getting "promotional" emails from companies? ;)

I prefer to start getting "promotional gifts". :D

wrightca
01-24-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL! :lol: Still amazes me that the gun was built first then they said "Ok, let's build a plane around it." 3,900 rounds per minute! :crazyeyes:

Yep, it is amazing, even moved the landing gear over to make room for the gun!

But back on topic. Seriously, we use PDAs for small things like translation, but when it comes to our real stuff, mobile systems are "anything that fits on a plane" It's very odd to come from my work frame of mind to read this site. Two different paradigms. I looked at a screen today that showed me every plane flying in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. Try to fit that on a iPaq!