View Full Version : What kind of battery life are you getting?

mirkazemisaman
01-22-2003, 02:22 AM
I was just thinking of getting an Ipaq 3955 over an Axim, what kind of battery life are you Ipaq owners getting? BTW is it user replaceable?

seanturner
01-22-2003, 06:14 AM
It is not user replaceable in the sense that you can buy another battery from HP. You can buy kits which involve opening your iPaq (which does void your warenty) though.

On my 5455, I get about 3 and a half hours playing an MP3, with medium screen brightness (backlight is always on). Because playing an MP3 and keeping the backlight on are both pretty power intensive tasks, you should be getting better life than three and a half hours. Especially considering that the 5455 has a smaller battery than the 3900 series (i'm pretty sure it does).

vincentsiaw
01-22-2003, 07:37 PM
i use my 3955 to play mp3 via WMP, with screen off i can get around 5 hour non stop, with a headphone, last time when it's new i use to get 8 hours of it.

regarding battery, no worry man by the time your battery spoiled, i think your warranty void anyway, putting a replacement battery is a matter of screw, almost everbody can do it....

slinger
01-23-2003, 06:10 AM
I bought an Axim 5 for the wife and a 5450 for myself because I wanted wireless. Even when I use no wireless I seem to get half the battery life as my wife. The more I play with her Dell the more I wish it had wireless, seems like a much better unit but I haven't had them but for 3 weeks so far.

Janak Parekh
01-23-2003, 06:16 AM
I bought an Axim 5 for the wife and a 5450 for myself because I wanted wireless. Even when I use no wireless I seem to get half the battery life as my wife. The more I play with her Dell the more I wish it had wireless, seems like a much better unit but I haven't had them but for 3 weeks so far.
The 5450 series are a different beast than the 3800/3900 series. Still, you'll get better battery life out of the Axim. I have a CF+ sleeve with my 3870, which helps a lot and probably makes my unit competitive, though.

--janak