View Full Version : IR Printers

ntractv
01-22-2003, 12:04 AM
I really want to get a IR enable printer to send docs I create on my PPC directly to the printer (photos as well). I remember seeing them all over the place about a year ago, but, now everytime I go into CC or BB or anyone else for that matter they're nowhere to be found. Some of the sales people don't even know what I'm talking about. Is this a technology that never took off or just never took off in my area?

EricMCarson
01-22-2003, 12:13 AM
HP tried a utility called JetSend to get IR printing working, but they only built it into a few of their printers and since then, have stopped development on the PPC utility to send stuff to IR printers (although it has been replaced with hp mobile printing, on which the IR printing is spotty). Your best bet at this point for mobile printing is bluetooth printing. HP is now releasing printers with bluetooth built in or you can get a $99 adapter that plugs into the parallel port of any printer and use the hp mobile printing utility.

pocketpcdude1024
01-22-2003, 12:34 AM
I have a program called PrintPocketCE by Field Software ( www.fieldsoftware.com ) and it works really well with IR printers, at least those I've tries to print to. However, there aren't any printers available on the market that support this functionality nowadays. I suggest the HP 995c which in addition to IR, supports bluetooth :D

seanturner
01-22-2003, 12:46 AM
You can get an IR adapter for most HP Laserjet Printers (I'm pretty sure the 4000 and 4050) are compatable. They retail for about $100. I have one however, that i would be willing to sell you for considerably less though.

ironguy
01-22-2003, 03:48 PM
We have an HP2100 laser jet with an IR port right in front. It prints flawlessly from my Jornada 568 with the HP Printing Utility.