View Full Version : Odd Toshiba e740 Today Screen Problem

Tierran
01-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Alright, I'm going to put screenshots here first because its easier to show than explain :

http://www.thefirefox.com/odd1.jpg http://www.thefirefox.com/odd2.jpg

Now, note that in both of these shots, the font should all be a uniform color...black in this case. In the first, Money's display is white. Then in the second shot the whole thing (except the date) turned white.

For a while I thought the problem was the device so I gave it a hard reset. Then I felt it was MS Money, so I reinstalled it several times. Then I felt it was still Money so I took it off the today screen. No...it still all turned white.

Then I discovered that it only happenned with themes I've made. Bliss, Fire, the default...this doesn't happen. And it also doesn't happen with many themes I can download. I've tried multiple theme generation programs to no avail. Any thoughts at all on this? I really like making my own themes and can't figure out why its doing this.[/img]

Jimmy Dodd
01-24-2003, 04:30 PM
This seems to be a known weirdness with the e740s. Mine started doing this after installing EUU3. It seems to have to do with the black text getting displayed as white. At least that is the only incarnation I've seen. I haven't seen it happen on the Fire theme (because the text is yellow I would guess) but I've seen it in other themes. Try changing your text color to a non-black color and let us know if that helps.

dotcomguy
02-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Does the problem occur only with that today screen because I notice colors change with different screens? Everything stays pretty consistent for me.

Also, you might want to blur your telephone number in those images. ;)

Tierran
02-02-2003, 04:54 PM
eh, my # is a listed number...its easily available.

Actually I talked to Toshiba...apparently its a problem with any plugins to the today screen due to the fact that they don't use teh drivers for the ATI card.

dotcomguy
02-02-2003, 06:03 PM
eh, my # is a listed number...its easily available.

Actually I talked to Toshiba...apparently its a problem with any plugins to the today screen due to the fact that they don't use teh drivers for the ATI card.
heh, well that's a personal preference. I just thought I'd point it out in case you overlooked it and wouldn't want it posted. :)

In regards to the topic, I have noticed sometimes that when I change from one screen to the today screen, there will sometimes be some residue, part of the previous screen, still showing. It's not that big of a deal, just something I have noticed, specifically since I have been using Nice Start which shows a screen asking for a password when you turn it on.