View Full Version : Order Confirmation Problem

Deliverance
01-20-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm attempting to get an Axim under the rebates they offered last week. I made the order on the 15th after hours, and I received a reply that acknowledged my order and told me to expect a confirmation e-mail with full details and my order number. Anyways, the confirmation has not come through and Dell seems to think I only got a quote and made no order... Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm trying to straiten it out with their hotline people, but everyone knows how transferes and hold times go. Any help or insight is appreciated.

Deliverance
01-20-2003, 10:07 PM
After a suficient time on hold (maybe 2 hours total), they have resolved the situation. They seem to have unusually long waits today. If anyone encounters a similar instance, use Dell's 800 number but go to the parts line at 63805. Once there is was resolved quickly.

GM&Ofan
01-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Had the same problem. Ordered Thursday night, no confirmation. Called yesterday, and was told my order wasn't even listed. So I tried again. Called the number Deliverance suggested, and after talking to Joe, he assures me that my order has been placed and everything is fine now. He was even able to give me the $40 online order discount, the $50 mail-in rebate, and the free shipping for online orders. Total time on hold was only 28 minutes. If you have this problem with your order, call the Customer Care number at 800.624.9897, extension 63805.

jd4science
01-21-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi, this is my first post here. I just ordered the advanced Axim 3 days ago and got the 50 dollar rebate sheet. However, not only was I charged 17 bucks tax, the total came to 363. My price list from the email.

Sub-Total
$349.00

Shipping $8.00

Shipping Discount -$8.00

Tax $17.45

Total Price $366.45

What is the rebate you are alking about, and yes, I did order it online w/ a credit card.
Thanks,
Justin

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 04:30 AM
It is not an instant rebate. When the Axim arrives you have to fill out a form and mail it in with your shipping invoice, which is in a small plastic pouch on the outside of the box it comes in. Then you wait.

I got my Axim at the beginning of December, but have not yet gotten my rebate. The rebate status site says it's approved, but it's not here yet.

jd4science
01-21-2003, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I just realized I phrased it wrong :oops: I am actually talking about the 40 dollar rebate people keep talking about, and I dodn't see it. Plus is the fact that I'm only 13 and this is my first PPC...

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Yeah, that one should have shown up in the cart at checkout (not before), but I think you had to buy the Axim through a special link to get it.

jd4science
01-21-2003, 04:42 AM
DARNIT! Oh well, thanks for letting me know. Everyone says how great Dell is. I was gonna buy an Ipaq( I've been saving for about 6 months) and saw this. Decided it would be better. Now that I am having "isues" with thier conformation ( I got an email saying it shipped but the site says it is still being kitted with a ship date of feb 10.) and now I hear about this. Oh well, thanks. :(

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 04:54 AM
The web site is way behind. For me it was still saying "In Transit" when it was here already.

I'd suggest trying to call Dell and say that there was the $40 coupon that you forgot to apply. It may or may not work, but worth a shot. It probably depends on who you get on the line, though.

jd4science
01-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Was there a special code that I needed? To say the truth, I didn't even shop around for the Axim, I thought that you could buy it direct from dell only... :(

jd4science
01-21-2003, 05:07 AM
I just noticed something. On the order conformation it has the Axim listed with it's price and something else with a price of nothing. What is this, did you get it too? I'm getting annoyed at Dell...

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 05:08 AM
I just noticed something. On the order conformation it has the Axim listed with it's price and something else with a price of nothing. What is this, did you get it too? I'm getting annoyed at Dell...

If it's an online order, that's just a slip of paper that will be mailed to you confirming your order. Phone orders for some reason don't have the two items generated, although you still get the piece of paper.

uncola
01-21-2003, 11:11 AM
the $40 rebate details actually say it doesn't apply to the axim. however if you search for 4001YR and click on the axim link, somehow the $40 would be applied at checkout. it doesn't get applied if you go directly to the axim from the main dell page. so all you really did was preserve your 13 year old innocence by not commiting fraud :P

I had the same problem others did, no confirmation email was sent. I called the main customer support number and got transferred and given a quote number and transferred again. Cel phone disconnected me, so I looked at the dell peripherals web page and entered in my quote number and somehow found a page with the sales rep who took my order and a special extension. the same one in teh 2nd post in this thread. I called that number and the person was able to help me and my order was in the system already and scheduled to ship in 3 weeks. so definitely use that extension and not the main one for support. I was on hold for like an hour and a half total. Maybe it was because of the holiday and maybe not.

MPSmith
01-21-2003, 04:02 PM
I was on hold for 88 minutes yesterday with Dell!

I had ordered a 400mhz on 1-17, received an e-mail acknowledgement, but not a confirmation with an order no. After that agonizing wait, I got transferred to their "internet division" since I ordered it on line. The transfer only took a few minutes. They were very nice and said they would try to expedite the shipment a few days, since it sat it limbo for a while.

I also ordered a 300 mhz on 1-14 (due on about 2-10) but later decided to get the 400. I put the 300 on the auction block on this site for anyone who is interested. Heck, I only paid $268 (before the rebate) and that includes a cradle and leather case!!!

rein
01-21-2003, 05:19 PM
I am on the phone with Dell now. Whoever I am talking to doesn't seem to happy about the $65 discount. :( I will post the results. BTW, thanks for posting the extensioin. Made my call a lot faster.

MPSmith
01-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Is the Dell rep unhappy that some got such a good deal?

rein
01-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Well, got off the phone and I think I know what part of the problem might be. It seems the cdr's are listed as unavailable now. It could be they ran out of those and that is what stopped the orders from going through. No big problem as I was able to order a 3 pack of stylus and some how it came out cheaper. :o

The only problem I have now is I forgot to ask if I would still be able to get the $50 rebate since I had originally placed my order before the expiration date and this order was going through today. :cry:

Even if I can't I got the 400 mhz and 3 stylus @ 284.82 but I would really like to get the additional $50 back. If anyone else has asked about the rebate that went through this and you know if you do or do not get it, could you please post? Thanks in advance.

At first I'm not sure the rep was happy about the deals or maybe he was just a little confused. Either way, he treated me very good and even threw in 2 day shipping for the confusion.

MPSmith
01-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Since I originally made the order before the 20th, they said will give me the rebate.

seattlehusker
01-23-2003, 04:00 AM
I ordered my 400mhz Axim on 1/17 and today (1/22)...finally...recieved the confirmation. Of course, the email was vacant of pricing information although the email template definately had spots for this information. Essentially, my order confirmation ONLY listed the order numbers. I had to visit the website to see the actual expected ship date (2/10).

So, they appear to have almost 1 month backlog in fulfilling orders.