View Full Version : Lost my contact list?

MRSB86
01-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Thank you to everyone who posted helpful advice on which to purchase - Sony or Dell Axim. I received my Dell last week. I love it. It is not too large or bulky for my purse.

This morning when I took it out of the cradle, my contact list had disappeared. Can anyone tell me what I might have done to cause this and how can I get it back? The contact list still appears on my desktop.

Thanks for you help.

spursdude
01-18-2003, 10:25 PM
What do you mean "your contact list disappeared"?

Do you mean that when you open up your Contacts app, there are no entries? Or will Contacts not run?

If all your entries somehow got deleted only from your PPC, you can always sync with your PC.

Or, why not try a soft reset? It's always a good idea. :D

MRSB86
01-18-2003, 11:37 PM
I mean that my contacts program will not run at all. The screen is blank.

If I do a soft reset, won't I lose all the information stored on the handheld?

I guess I'm confused because the screen on the desktop says that everything is synced (when I put the Axim in the cradle), but the contact list is on the desktop but not on the handheld.

I'm new at this - thanks for you help.

Steven Cedrone
01-18-2003, 11:57 PM

Do a soft reset, you will not lose any data...

Steve

Kati Compton
01-19-2003, 12:38 AM
It's only a HARD reset that really loses data.

A soft reset is like resetting your computer - anything that was running is no longer running (unless it's in the startup sequence), any data you were entering that didn't save is lost, but all of your programs are still there, all of the saved data is still there.

A hard reset is like reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling the OS--blank slate.

spursdude
01-19-2003, 02:01 AM
I mean that my contacts program will not run at all. The screen is blank.

I guess I'm confused because the screen on the desktop says that everything is synced (when I put the Axim in the cradle), but the contact list is on the desktop but not on the handheld.

I'm new at this - thanks for you help.

Ah, if your Contacts program won't open at all, then definitely do a soft reset. You may have closed the entire Contacts application while you had a contact open - this is a known bug, where contacts will not open after you've done that.

A soft reset will fix it...a soft reset will fix a lot of things (it should be your default troubleshooter)

MRSB86
01-19-2003, 06:21 AM
I did a soft reset and IT WORKED!!

This forum is so great! Thanks for your help.