View Full Version : PoQuick Money Pro is free for a limited time....

Cortex
01-18-2003, 04:54 AM
just came across and wanted to share

http://www.mastersoftmobilesolutions.com/

it was free
enjoy

Martin I Pettinger
01-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi

Downloading the software as I type this. I'll post back when I've tried it out for a day or two.

Many thanks

Martin

Polly
01-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks, Cortex!

I just downloaded it. Have you used it? It said this version isn't fully synchronizable...do you know if I can transfer anything to my desktop Quicken or is it completely separate...I'd like to at least transfer checks/deposits if possible.

Many thanks!
Polly

Kati Compton
01-20-2003, 04:03 PM
I just downloaded it. Have you used it? It said this version isn't fully synchronizable...do you know if I can transfer anything to my desktop Quicken or is it completely separate...I'd like to at least transfer checks/deposits if possible.

When I read the description I think it said you could import/export Quicken files.

Martin I Pettinger
01-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi

I have been using this software for a few days now. No sync to desktop that I can see. Software is much more powerful than Microsoft Money 2000 which is what I was using before - note on PPC only.

In terms of synchronising I suspect you may need to upgrade to Version 3.0 and that has a desktop sync option - possibly another add on. See other thread on Version 3.0. I got an e-mail about upgrading - you may too once you have registered it.

One thing I have noticed is that software is slow - especially when adding reoccuring tasks. There are some really neat touch's though and it is possible to plan ahead and predict when you are going to go overdrawn!

Martin

Polly
01-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Okay...thanks...it still may be able to transfer a Quicken file...if I can get it to unzip, I'll give it a look-see...

I downloaded it, but it has a "no icon" icon and nothing happens when I try to open it and unzip it. Sorry I'm not the sharpest tack in the box...how do I unzip and install it???

Polly

Martin I Pettinger
01-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi

You have to launch the Setup.exe within the zip file whilst your PPC device is connected via Activesync to your desktop PC.

I have WinZip on my machine I double click the file to see what is inside the zip file then double click on Setup.exe.

I looked at my copy and there is an option to import QIF and export data. Is Quicken - QIF - if it is you maybe in luck.

Hope this helps

Martin

Kati Compton
01-20-2003, 04:26 PM
I downloaded it, but it has a "no icon" icon and nothing happens when I try to open it and unzip it. Sorry I'm not the sharpest tack in the box...how do I unzip and install it???

I see a .zip icon, and inside the file are 2 more .zip files, one for a demo and one for the full version. Perhaps you should try to re-download it? It may have been corrupted during transfer.

MLO
01-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Smart idea. I would have never tried PoQuick normally, but given the option of getting a complete version for free...even if it is older...I'd definitely try. This may hook me so that I upgrade to version 3.

Anyone use this on a regular basis? Is there a sort of "how to" manual on the website? I'm completely new to this program

MLO

Polly
01-20-2003, 06:33 PM
I wonder if this is another problem with having Windows 98 on my desktop computer (I had trouble unzipping/installing the Dell d-pad patch). I'll try downloading it again and see what happens.

Thanks!

Polly

Polly
01-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Grrrrr...the site won't let me download it again. I checked the properties of the file I download and it says it's a zip file, but it has no icon and won't open. Everything else has unzipped fine before...

Any other ideas?

Polly

ECOslin
01-20-2003, 07:11 PM
It's not a Win9x problem, It's a we didn't have money to license an installer program so you'll have to drag and drop the install files on your pda to get it to work problem.

It's not a great problem, just means the user is expected to have a certain level of experience, that some don't have.

Edward

ECOslin
01-20-2003, 07:13 PM
It's not a zip file, it's a cabinet file, or rather a couple of .cab type files.

Edward

Kati Compton
01-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Here's what I got from Handango

poquickpro.zip containing:

PoQuickProV2.6FULL.zip
PQPENT_V3_ARM_DEMO.zip
serial.txt

The file PoQuickProV2.6FULL.zip contains:

PoQuickPro.Arm 110 (4K) v3.00.CAB
PoQuickPro.Mips 4000 (4K v3.00.CAB
PoQuickPro.SH 3 (1K) v3.00.CAB
Readme.txt
Setup.exe
Setup.ini

It's odd that it would say version 3 inside the 2.6FULL zip file... Is there something weird going on here? I haven't installed it yet (haven't had a chance). Handango gave me a registration code when I got it (for free).

Is the wrong version being given away perhaps? Or are files mislabeled?

This also doesn't follow the comment that there isn't an installer, as there is the setup.exe file.

Kati Compton
01-20-2003, 08:20 PM
FYI - for future reference, if cab and zip files have the same icon but you want to be able to tell which is which, you can go into Folder Options, and somewhere there's a checkbox for "Hide extensions of known file types". I suggest that this be UNCHECKED, for this and many other reasons.

For example, some emails containing viruses have files attached that are something like picture.gif.exe, or picture.jpg.pif, which then just shows up as picture.gif or picture.jpg as the system is hiding the last extension. This then can fool you into opening the file thinking it is safe.

Polly
01-21-2003, 03:41 AM
Edward, and others...

What I got is one file called poquickprov2.6. It has the windows logo on it, and if I check the properties, it say it is a 2.96mb zip file. When I try to open it the "Open With" dialogue box opens. Nothing else happens.

Sorry I don't have the "certain level of experience" I need to figure this out...can you give me a clue?

Thanks,
Polly

Rirath
01-21-2003, 03:59 AM
Kati, the files are poorly named or something. I've got the same installer and it is indeed the old version.

Polly, it doesn't sound like you have a cab file, the full installer .zip file from handango is indeed 2.96 mb. It should unzip just fine. If you're using Winzip or something, I suggest you find a better and perhaps easier to use unzipper. Try WinRAR (http://download.com.com/3000-2250-10176481.html?tag=lst-0-1).

It's easier to use, has some great shell integration, and handles more rare file types if you ever come across them. It's not free, but it'll work just like it was. (Waits for Pony99CA to come charging in.)

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 04:42 AM
Well, let's go back to basics. Polly - can you successfully open other .zip files?