View Full Version : Dell Axim, 400MHz, $234 shipped free

etalianstallion
01-17-2003, 10:50 PM
This is from www.techbargains.com. Too bad my own purchase is from back in November so there's no chance they do a price adjustment for me...well, who knows, never hurts to ask...

No need now to think about getting the basic or the advanced model....400MHz it is...

ONE day stackable $25 off $350 coupon code: E48FFB9C774A
Combine this with $40 off $300 to achieve $65 off $350!

Dell Home Software & Peripherals has $40 off orders $300+. Free shipping $99+. No tax in most states. Excludes Axim X5 PDA but:

It works on Axim X5 right now, so hurry. $50 rebate ends Sunday 1/19/03
Axim X5 Color Pocket PC PDA 400Mhz $349 - auto $40 off - $25 off coupon code: E48FFB9C774A = $284 - $50 rebate = $234 shipped free. You must Search for Item 4001YR not navigate to it. Add item A0067893 to pass $350.

MPSmith
01-18-2003, 03:59 AM
I saw this on the same site. I cancelled my order of 3 days ago and went with this one.

Too cool. I figure I can wait an additional few days.

mirkazemisaman
01-18-2003, 04:50 AM
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.....
I ordered an Axim yesterday (5pm) and I was suppose to get a second email within 24 hrs with my customer #. I haven't gotten it yet. Is that normal?
BTW what if I never get anything? I can't check status etc. since I do not have any cutomer #s or anything like that... I tried calling them, but I couldn't get passed the voice menues?
Cna someone help me with this regard? Should I just wait another day for the second email???

Thanx

Kati Compton
01-18-2003, 04:56 AM
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.....
I ordered an Axim yesterday (5pm) and I was suppose to get a second email within 24 hrs with my customer #. I haven't gotten it yet. Is that normal?
BTW what if I never get anything? I can't check status etc. since I do not have any cutomer #s or anything like that... I tried calling them, but I couldn't get passed the voice menues?
Cna someone help me with this regard? Should I just wait another day for the second email???

Call the voice number and try failing to hit any numbers. Sometimes that'll put you straight through to an operator (residual from before everyone had touch tone). Either that, or just keep hitting 0. Sometimes making a number of "invalid" menu selections in a row will also send you to an operator, as they think you're confused and need help.

mirkazemisaman
01-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Yeah thanx, i just did what you said and I finally could speak to a rep. They said that they can't access my acount sicne I ordered online and it is under the online department and the online department will not be open until Mon.
I didn't know there is a difference in different ways of ordering, otherwise I would have just ordered by phone.

:roll: Now i have to wait until Monday...

rein
01-18-2003, 06:42 AM
Wow, what a deal. I had ordered the 400 mhz Axim for someone as a Christmas present. Now I just ordered one for myself. 288.45 total cost minus the mail-in rebate when it gets here.

I assume since there was nothing on the rebate about one per household I will still be eligible for that too. It did say one per qualified purchase but nothing on per household. Even at 288.45, a 400 mhz Axim and 10 cdr's (hehe) is a bargain. 8O

etalianstallion
01-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Definitely a great deal.

Regarding the rebate, I believe it's 5 per customer/address. It's kinda tricky though. It's only 1 rebate per order. I ordered one for myself and another one for my girlfriend. I sent in the rebates but so far only one has shown up in the rebate tracking (www.rebatestatus.com). I'm going to have to call them up and see where the second rebate is since the first one was already mailed out today.

PromoGuy
01-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I snoozed and I losed.

:cry:

Dell giveth and Dell taketh away. Not only did the coupon expire before I could order, before I knew it the $40 off was gone too. Nowhere to be found now.

All I have now is the lovely printout of my checkout page that I didn't complete before leaving work.

My congrats to those smart enough to not wait!

Guess I'm stuck with this Visor a bit longer than I thought.

/end selfpity
:roll:

etalianstallion
01-18-2003, 09:57 AM
PromoGuy,

The $40 off is still there. I would assume that the coupon is as well. Just head over to www.techbargains.com and you will see the deal listed (titled New Dell Acc Deal - $65 off $350, Jan 17). I went directly from the hyperlink in Techbargains--not sure if that makes a difference.

I did see the $40 off at checkout (maybe that's the confusion). The coupon didn't work for me, but heck, at least you're still getting $40 off what most of us paid. Still a great deal.

You can always order the accessories later. Dell sometimes has 10% off software/peripherals.

rein
01-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Not sure if both parts of the deal are still available but one thing to do is add the 4.95 cdr bundle to push your order above 350. At first only the 40.00 showed up on my order (even after I entered the coupon code) until after I entered the 4.95 item to push it above the 350 amount. Once I did that it gave me the 40.00 and the 25.00 discount. Yea, you have to buy a pack of 10 cdr's (unless you were planning to add to the order anyhow) but it is well worth spending 4.95 to get 25.00 off the order. However, I do think it said the 25.00 coupon expired last night. It is at least worth checking out though.

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 01:19 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT A WAIT IS THIS GOING TO BE?????

I ordered my Axim 400mhz via phone yesterday (thanx for this info on how to get it even cheaper) and got an email confirmation (the second one). But it says that the estimated shipping date is FEB 10, what the..........!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I did get a :lol: free overnight shipping :lol: though, (just because I complained a little bit about the waiting times on the phone)...

But what's the point of overnight shipping if it's not gonna ship until the 10th of FEB...

Kati Compton
01-19-2003, 01:32 AM
But what's the point of overnight shipping if it's not gonna ship until the 10th of FEB...

Trust me, on the 11th you'll be happy for the overnight shipping.

PS - frequently Dell ships before the expected date.

Egan311
01-19-2003, 02:12 AM
I ordered my Axim online Thursday night around 11:45 pm. I still haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail. I guess I'll have to call them if I don't get one by Monday. I used the $40 + $10 + $50 rebate deal since I obviously didn't know there would be a $25 coupon on Friday. Oh well! Still a good deal if I can get my order processed........

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 02:35 AM
I ordered my Axim online Thursday night around 11:45 pm. I still haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail. I guess I'll have to call them if I don't get one by Monday. I used the $40 + $10 + $50 rebate deal since I obviously didn't know there would be a $25 coupon on Friday. Oh well! Still a good deal if I can get my order processed........

Same thing happened to me (ordered on Thursday 3:00pm), what you should do is call and have them "manually" enter your order instead of "waiting to go through in the computer list". I called them today after two days of waiting for the email and this is what they told me to do.
I guess in general it's faster to order by phone than it is to order online (there are two different departments for online and phone orders at Dell and one department can't access/change your acound on the other...).

PromoGuy
01-20-2003, 09:43 PM
I thought I would follow-up on my original post and let you know that yes indeedy, I did take the plunge. I got the 400mz model and a few, but not all, of the discounts. It is a long tale, so read on if you wish.

After I read about how members here had much better luck with the phone ordering than online, I called Dell.

One thing to keep in mind when you call, it all depends on who you talk to. Some reps are "by the book" and others are very happy to work with you.

So here is what I was up against: the $25 off coupon had expired, the $40 off was no longer showing up in my cart, and the free shipping offer had gone away.

After a 20 minute wait time, I got Jay. I was worried, he didn't sound too cheerful or experienced. Jay told me flat out that the $40 off did not apply to the Axim (http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/promos/promotopic_dollars_off_popup.htm). He said I could look online and see for myself. Well being a dial-up user I couldn't. I pushed for it, saying it worked on Friday (it did) and I had a printout of my cart at the time to prove it (which I do). He couldn't do anything so I asked to talk to someone else. He said there was no one but customer care to talk to so I said great, put them on. I was on hold for a bit, and he came back and said he talked to his manager and she said he could do it.

Great! Now what about the free shipping? No way, says he, that's not being offered today (Sunday) and he can't do it. No way no how. Well, since there is a backorder situation, how about free next day? No says he. I am very steamed at this point. But, I decide to push my luck and give him the coupon code for the $25 off. That totally throws him and he has to put me on hold again and go talk to his Mommy.

While I am on hold, I hear some unusual clicks and hold some more. Then a repair and service rep answers my call! HUH? How did I get there? SDid Jay try to get rid of me? The service guy had no idea how it happened, but was happy to transfer me back. He did, but to the wrong department. A woman in PC sales picks up and says she can't sell me the Axim but will send me to DellWare, and they can help me.

Ugh.

I get sent to DellWare and their voice mail happily tells me their hours on Sunday, are 10 to 6, CST. Great, since it was 3:30 CST I should get in. Nope, she then tells me to call back during normal business hours and cheerfully hangs up on me!

Crap! (well, actually another word)

Since I knew the rebate said I had to purchase by 1/19/03 I knew I had to try again. So I called and had another 20 minute on hold wait. I needed to get back to that guy, in hopes that he secured the $25 off deal. Well, all I had was his name, Jay, not his ext. Turns out there are like 150 Jays and many in different call centers in different states. So it was a dead end.

But this guy, Josh, sounded better right off the bat. He was cheerful and energetic. I told his I was working some pricing issues out and he said no problem, what did you two agree to. I said the $40 off, he said OK, and that part was a done deal. Just like that! No holding, no talking to a manager, no hassles.

Next I asked about the $25 off, he asked for the code (drat!) and said it was a One Day and had expired. BUT, he said just so you are not totally left out, I can give you $10 off. Great! Better than nothing!

He told me it also had the $50 off rebate and told me how to get the form. Josh asked if I wanted anything else, and I ordered the screen protectors. Due to the backorder, he no only gave me free shipping, but upgraded it to Next Day air! Sweet!

I was told it would be at least 10 working days before they had any to ship, although I know others were told longer - so who knows. One regret though, I wish I has thought to get the Travel USB synch to keep at work. I could have saved $10 but now it would be a separate order @ $19.

So, the secret is it all depends on what rep you talk to. I didn't get everything I was after, but I came close. All in all, I am content.

At least, until the NEXT Axim model is released - no doubt it will be the day mine arrives.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

I hope to get to know y'all better when I am officially a PPC owner.

$249 Axim [$349 -$40 off -$10 off -$50 rebate $0 shipping)

Egan311
01-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Congrats Promoguy. I spent about an hour in Dell's never-ending labryinth of menus, options, and department transfers. After speaking to three different Dell reps, I was told my order was apperently lost and in limbo somewhere. By the way, why is it when Dell messes up your order, they act like it's YOUR fault? Anyways, after being transferred one last time, I had to get off the phone. As of right now, I'm going to give it one more try tommorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky and get ahold of someone helpful at Dell.......

:roll: