View Full Version : "Idiot's Guides" for DVD/CD to PPC ?

disconnected
01-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I've seen a lot of threads on the various boards about this, but I'm dumb or lazy or both. I wish someone would publish a book, ebook, or article on how to do all of this....step by simple step for the conversion process, including all needed programs and settings, and including descriptions and pros and cons of the various players. I realize it's kind of a moving target, with apps being released and updated frequently, and the whole process being semi-legal, but I'd think there'd be at least a small market for this. I'm not an audio/video hobbyist (never even copied a CD to a hard drive), I'd just like to be able to have music and movies on storage cards for my PPC. pt was going to do a video ebook of some kind, but I don't think it ever happened.

redifrogger
01-17-2003, 06:37 PM
There nothing 'semi-legal' (complete legal) about copying your cd music to your ppc. I'm not real savy with music software, but it's pretty simple now to copy your cd to your computer, and once it there it as simple as copy and paste. I use musicmatch jukebox. I you details about how I do it, let me know. :way to go:

etalianstallion
01-17-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm not too PPC savvy and found this to be idiot-proof for needs...

http://www.pocketmatrix.com/guides/

JMH
01-17-2003, 06:59 PM
For those who may have converted DVD movies to a format for their PPC, rougly how big do the files turn out to be?

octop8
01-17-2003, 07:49 PM
mine come down to around 45-50MB for every 30 mins of a film. I use divx at a bitrate of 200kbps, no frame rate decimation, 2-pass encoding, 320x240 and audio around 48kbps, 22050khz, mono.