View Full Version : Pocket PC 2003!???

mclaughlinc
01-17-2003, 03:59 PM
After reading several threads where people claimed to have been told that MS will release this major upgrade this summer. I was wanting to know if anybody has heard what is it going to include.

Is this possible or likely?

1. Is it a coincidence that most new Pocket PC's have the Intel XScale processor? Or has MS told them that the new OS will only run on that chip? I found it hard to believe that all OEM's have come to the same decision, on there own.

2. Native Landscape support?

3. Better or should I say updated PIE?

I'm sure over the coming months more information will start to leak out. Frankly. I surprised not more information is known of what MS intends to do. Well, the people who know just are not talking. Can you say NDA???

Anybody else care to speculate?

Wilbert
01-17-2003, 05:23 PM
No one knows.....

That is why there are so many threads.

No know knows the size, features, or if it will work with current devices. I would GUESS it would because MS would not want to abandon all the current PPC users. It would tick quite a few people off.

BUT my 2cents is that PPC 2003 is more of an "UPDATE" rather than a whole new OS. Meaning most of the features are the same, it just may look a little diffrent and allow some new features.

I guess it would be the same as a new model of a car. It is still a car, drives like a car, has a radio, it just looks a little diffrent and has a few new features.

A better way is what Windows 98 did to Windows 95.

torgamm
01-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Oh no, not Windows 98 but at last Windows 98 Second Edition ;)

Wilbert
01-17-2003, 05:47 PM
:wink:

Good point

Fzara
01-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I've heard some other people mention that Microsoft desnt have information leaked until the last couple of months before their "news".