View Full Version : Favorites Folders in PIE

ale_ers
01-15-2003, 03:06 PM
I guess I did not use this feature too much before I got my 5455, but I now have a ton of links and tried to organize them into folders. Shortly after doing this the folders disapeared (at least I can't see them under mobile favorites). I can however see them on my desk top under mobile favorits in IE.

Just to get the easy stuff out of the way, they are all checked in Active Sync and I am connected to the web on my 5455.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

nosmohtac
01-15-2003, 08:06 PM
I don't know if i understood your question correctly, but I'll take a stab at answering it.
On the bottom of your IE page you have your back,refresh,home,and folder buttons. If you tap on your folder button doesn't it show you all of your folders and favorites that you have saved?

ale_ers
01-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I guess I am not explaining it well. When I go to the mobile favorites folder (as you described) I can see single links that I saved such as "Pocket PC Thought", but If I then put that link in a folder titled "PPC Pages" with other links...I cannot see that folder. I can see those folders on IE on my desktop under favorite/mobile favorites...but they seem to disapear on my PPC. I do have all of the boxes checked in ActiveSync settings, but I cannot find the folders.

nosmohtac
01-16-2003, 04:29 PM
I get it now, I've had a pocket pc for a few years now but don't use IE too much. You probably have already checked this, but you never know....have you checked on your desktop if that folder might be set to hidden?

smittyofdhs
01-16-2003, 04:45 PM
I get it now, I've had a pocket pc for a few years now but don't use IE too much. You probably have already checked this, but you never know....have you checked on your desktop if that folder might be set to hidden?

that has nothing to do with this issue....

To help clarify the issue:

On the PPC, any subfolders under favorites and the folder contents are not shown, while on the PC, they are.

I've seen this before and I think this is the fix (haven't tried yet). You need to make the folders on the PPC. Go into favorites add/delete in PIE. There is a button to create a new folder. I think the problem is if you create the folder on the PC. I ran into this issue before and it got so bad that I couldn't sync files anymore. I had to delete the partnership and start again. At that point I gave up. But obviously you can have subfolders in favorites because the PPC OS provides for creating the folders.