View Full Version : Question about this site...

Adam
01-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Apolgies if this has been asked earlier (e.g. when the new version first appeared), but do you use a "generic" mod to phpBB to create the fornt page from the forums, or did your programmer build that functionality for you?

I'm looking to move my site to phpbb and want similar (though not identical) functionality. I've looked on the phpbb site and couldn't obviously see anything there. I thought I'd ask here as you are closest to what I want.

If it's bespoke, I guess I'll have to gen up on php and javascript... 8O

Ed Hansberry
01-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Apolgies if this has been asked earlier (e.g. when the new version first appeared), but do you use a "generic" mod to phpBB to create the fornt page from the forums, or did your programmer build that functionality for you?

I'm looking to move my site to phpbb and want similar (though not identical) functionality. I've looked on the phpbb site and couldn't obviously see anything there. I thought I'd ask here as you are closest to what I want.

Mucho customizations - http://www.newance.it/ has done the lions share of the work.

Adam
01-14-2003, 07:06 PM

Mucho customizations - http://www.newance.it/ has done the lions share of the work.

Thanks Ed. I was afraid you'd say that. :(

Oh well, learning new skills and all that. :)

67stang
01-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Adam,
If you know a bit of php and mySQL, you can EASILY take phpBB and make it work to support a dynamic site, front page content, etc.

If you want out of the box, do searches for "phpNuke or php Nuke"

If you go to my site, www.fordmuscle.com, you will see that we run phpBB as our Forums application, but we have also used that core to provide a listing of current forums topics on the homepage, as well as integrate with our classifieds, and subscription sections to enable a single sign-on.