View Full Version : E-125 Start Problem

Oregon Trail
01-14-2003, 05:59 PM
How can I do a hard reset on my Casio E-125? The device will only turn on if the battery has been removed and re-inserted, or if it is soft reset. In addition, it will not sync with my desktop. I get "Port Not Available" on the PDA. The message further states that another program may be using the port, or it may not be valid. Is this a common problem with E-125? I have had mine for 15 months, first major problem.

Sslixtis
01-14-2003, 06:35 PM
The Procedure: Remove both the main battery and the backup battery from unit. Wait for about five minutes. Then, reload the main battery. Be sure to load the main battery first. The Cassiopeia will not operate properly if you load the backup battery first. Attach the AC adapter and charge the battery pack. Then, reload the backup battery. Make sure the battery cover switch is in the Lock position. Wait for about five seconds and then press the Power button to turn on your unit

butch
01-14-2003, 06:58 PM
The real way to do a Hard Reset (on a E115) is to press both the Power and the reset button. Then you will have to presse Action twice to confirm.

Sslixtis
01-14-2003, 10:35 PM
The real way to do a Hard Reset (on a E115) is to press both the Power and the reset button. Then you will have to presse Action twice to confirm.
Let me apologize, butch is entirely correct. I was actually addressing the problem Oregon Trail was having, not a Hard Reset.

Oregon Trail
01-15-2003, 03:12 AM
Thank you for the advice. It seems that I may need to remove the batteries first. If that doesn't work, I'll try the hard reset.
I wish Casio had remained in the PDA business. I'm very happy with the E-125. When I demonstrate it people are stunned with it's versatility.There are several spouses of my coworkers that received PDA's for Christmas. :!:

Oregon Trail
01-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Thank you Butch and Sslixtis. I knew there was a way to solve the problem, just couldn't see the solution. You are both experts!

TomTaranto
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
The problem remains after a hard reset for me.

It is nothing to do with the PC, since I have tried at least 5 PCs with and without firewalls, and with several different versions of ActiveSync.

Please contact me if you ever find a solution! I need to be able to sync again!

Thanks!
Tom

Cybrid
12-29-2005, 05:24 PM
The problem remains after a hard reset for me.

It is nothing to do with the PC, since I have tried at least 5 PCs with and without firewalls, and with several different versions of ActiveSync.

Please contact me if you ever find a solution! I need to be able to sync again!

Thanks!
TomConsider the possibility of pin damage on PDA/ Cradle.