View Full Version : Last Chance for HP 3955 Factory-Sealed for $439

degminsec
01-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Ok. Only two more days on the auction. A bid as low as $439 could get you a brand new HP 3955. I think no one has bid because no one believes that an inexperienced ebay seller is someone who can be selling such a great device, brand-new, for so cheap. They don't realize, I guess, that it is a inexperienced ebay seller who may just be the right person to buy from. Here's my story, and why you shouldn't pass up this chance. Plus, I need the cash. We both would win:

I'm a medical student who already has the 1910 and received the 3955 as a gift for Christmas. I thought I'd try to make some money rather than getting a store credit.

I just posted my BRAND NEW UNOPENED (factory-sealed) 3955 I received as gift (from circuit city) on ebay at a starting bid of $439 with NO RESERVE. Make a bid of $439 and it could be yours!! This is a bargain price!

So far, all it will take is one bid to get this baby for a great price. If I don't sell it on ebay, I'll sell it to my roommate who will get it and not you! Come on, don't let this pass you buy.

If interested, go to the ebay main page and type the following item number in the search field:

Best,
DMS

degminsec
01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone. I'm not sure why I have received no bids. I think that this is a great price for a new factory-sealed 3955, and it looks like a lot of people have been interested by the number of times this post has been read. Yet today is the last day of the auction. What am I doing wrong? Is there a reason you all think that no one is interested? Thanks in advance for your input.

DEGMINSEC 8O

R K
01-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Hello Degminsec,
First of all, it would help a lot of you posted a direct link to your auction.
Most people, including me, are not excited enough to go and search for the item ourselves.
I took the liberty of linking to the auction for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1950824375

Another problem is that most iPAQ H3955s are going for about $400 on Ebay. Most of the ones at these prices are in like-new condition. Most people are willing to go for the price deduction versus the difference between brand-new and like-new.

Also, with the Dell Axim gaining big popularity, people aren't as willing to pay $400+ for a Pocket PC such as the iPAQ H3955 when they can get the Axim for $100 less.

Finally, you might want to modify your title to include more search terms.
Instead of filling up the title with "BRAND NEW & SEALED", you could include H3950 3950 3955, since these essentially all the same models, but not everyone will be using "iPAQ H3955" to search for your model.
That's all I have for now--I hope it helps.