View Full Version : Battery questions.

yellowdemon
01-13-2003, 09:03 PM
How often should the battery be charged? Is there a problem with running it down to 20%, or conversely, recharging it when it is at 80%? Is there a problem with stopping the charge before it is finished? Is there a problem with leaving it in the cradle for hours at a time while it is on?

All of these questions presume that the first full charge is already done.

smittyofdhs
01-13-2003, 09:08 PM
How often should the battery be charged? Is there a problem with running it down to 20%, or conversely, recharging it when it is at 80%? Is there a problem with stopping the charge before it is finished? Is there a problem with leaving it in the cradle for hours at a time while it is on?

All of these questions presume that the first full charge is already done.

1. Charge as often as possible to keep a full load.
2. There is no problem with running the device down to 20%. I've seen on some devices that after 20% the device will shut itself off and not allow you to use it again until you charge up. This is done to help preserve your data from being lost.
3. You can recharge at any time, whether it's 25% or 99%
4. There is no prob with stopping mid-charge.
5. There's no prob with leaving the device cradled and on for hours. Most of us do this at work for 8 hours at a time.

Job
01-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Just confirming what smitty told you. Everything I have read or heard agrees.

spursdude
01-14-2003, 01:36 AM
smittyofdhs was right on the ball.

lemme emphasize that with these batteries, keeping your battery as high as possible is better. it used to be that you should drain your battery before you recharge, but now it's the opposite - i've heard that your battery will do better if you keep the charge as high as you can.