View Full Version : Widows Media encoder and music vids

colinkhalid
01-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi All

I have been using Windows Media Encoder to create Music Vids for my EM500, but have found that if I use the Casio profile that can be downloaded from Microsoft web site the Video plays well but there is no sound ! If I encode with the standard profile for colour PDA then I get sound, however the bit rate is a some what to high and the EM500 struggles.

Creating my own custom profiles results in the same no sound on PDA files

The files When played on the desktop PC all have sound.

Anybody have an idea what is going on?

Thanks

Colin

ppcsurfr
01-31-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi All

I have been using Windows Media Encoder to create Music Vids for my EM500, but have found that if I use the Casio profile that can be downloaded from Microsoft web site the Video plays well but there is no sound ! If I encode with the standard profile for colour PDA then I get sound, however the bit rate is a some what to high and the EM500 struggles.

Creating my own custom profiles results in the same no sound on PDA files

The files When played on the desktop PC all have sound.

Anybody have an idea what is going on?

Thanks

Colin

What version of Media Player do you have on your desktop PC? How aout the version of Media Encoder?

I suppose that on your Pocket PC, you are sing WMP 7.1... Well try checking the play unsupported audio, unsupported video... This might help.

Other than that, make sure that you have the right codecs installed... the ones from the beta version of the latest Windows Media PLayer for the desktop PC don't run well.

ppcsurfr