View Full Version : TDk BluePaq

Johnny Blaze
01-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Saw one of these today and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Bluetooth sleeve for Ipaq 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900 Built in compact flash type 1 and 2 and also has the drivers in its own rom module . Is it worth the money? Saw cheapest price at 137.90 us

tj21
01-13-2003, 11:35 AM
I had one on my 3650. BT range is shorter than normal, much shorter than the Socket BT card I now have in my e740, but otherwise no real problems. The sleeve is very thin and comfortable in the hand. It worked fine with my T68i and GPRS but was never able to establish a BT Lan connection with my desktop due to software problems. TDK claimed to have a fix but it never worked for me. Activesync worked fine.

TJ

Pony99CA
01-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Saw one of these today and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Bluetooth sleeve for Ipaq 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900 Built in compact flash type 1 and 2 and also has the drivers in its own rom module . Is it worth the money? Saw cheapest price at 137.90 us
There was a review of this at PocketNow (http://reviews.pocketnow.com/content.cgi?db=reviews&id=262).

Steve

Johnny Blaze
01-14-2003, 05:23 AM
Thx TJ for the reply. Was looking at getting one to link with my cellphone but still allow me to use my Wifi card to pull up stuff from my computer. I spend a lot of time outdoors and seems this will definitely help.

Pony the review didnt help out too much as I was really looking for reald world experience with it. Not a review

Pony99CA
01-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Thx TJ for the reply. Was looking at getting one to link with my cellphone but still allow me to use my Wifi card to pull up stuff from my computer. I spend a lot of time outdoors and seems this will definitely help.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you thinking that Bluetooth will work with WiFi, are you going to put a CF WiFi card in the BluePaq's CF slot, or what?

Pony the review didnt help out too much as I was really looking for reald world experience with it. Not a review

I think both user input and reviews are useful, which is why I gave you the review link. Also, you may be assuming that these reviewers don't use the products in real life. Remember that people at these sites are probably just users like us, not professional journalists doing this as their job, so they may well be using these products in the real world.

Unless you've actually tried the product yourself, or read a review, I guarantee that you'll get a lot more details about the product from that review than you will from any response you'll get here. For example, you didn't say what iPAQ you have, but, if it's a 3950, the review's comment about not supporting the 3900 series would be something you'd want to check into. Another issue was the conflict they noticed with their WiFi card, which, from your previous comments, could be important to you.

Anyway, if you get the BluePaq, remember to post your results back here so we'll know what your experiences were. :-)

Steve