View Full Version : why is INBOX such a LOUSY PIECE OF $*&@(*%&@

Cortex
01-13-2003, 03:23 AM
one would think that microsoft could write a program as dinky as inbox and not have it do strange things...

why does it decide to start pretending the ActiveSync folders are actually my POP3 email account???? when i download mail from my POP3 server it shows up in the ActiveSync inbox folder instead of my POP3 inbox folder. when i try to send an email from my POP3 outbox folder, nothing happens. but if i send it from the ActiveSync outbox folder it sends it -- as though its my email account???

unfortunately this is the second time INBOX has decided to do this. i had to hard reset my device and reinstall all of my crap the last time. i guess i'll just pretend the ActiveSync is my POP3 account :(

LAME :evil:

seanturner
01-13-2003, 03:30 AM
How are you connecting to the internet? Do you have a connect or are you using active sync passthrough or a VPN or what?

Cortex
01-13-2003, 03:36 AM
its a pocket pc phone so it connects directly (no vpn).

the email account is just setup to be POP3, nothing special.

seanturner
01-13-2003, 03:39 AM
I've never seen my PPC downloading POP3 mail into anything other than that POP3 Inbox, not have I seen a PPC be able to send via activesync because to do that it should have to connect to the desktop, and sync, and then Outlook or your MIS server would send the email....

Are you syncing your PPC via the internet?

srbarts
01-13-2003, 01:59 PM
I had this problem when I hard reset my devise and restored from a backup. I had to delete the pop account from inbox and then set it up again entering all the information from scratch. That solved the problem for me.

Good luck

Simon