View Full Version : Help! Dlink 650 and 660 no connect

Snobosh
01-12-2003, 11:47 PM
:(
I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router, A DLink DWL 900AP access point, an Audiovox Maestro, a DLink DCF650w, and Dlink DCF660w.

I installed the drivers for the 650 and was able to sync and surf; it then stopped working after several months. I wanted a smaller card so I bought the 660. I installed the 660 drivers after I uninstsalled the 650 drivers. I can't get it connected at all. I put the 650 card in and it connected and I can sync and surf. Any help would be appreciated to get the 660 working.

I have uninstalled my access point and reinstalled it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for both cards several times, I have changed the connection settings and the network settings for the cards and still can't get connected.

I must be missing something fairly obvious, I am about to shave off the corner of the 650 card so I can get to the headphone jack to listen to mp3s and make phone calls over the net.

Help, Help, Help!!! :( :(

Steven Cedrone
01-13-2003, 01:44 AM
I installed the drivers for the 650 and was able to sync and surf; it then stopped working after several months. I wanted a smaller card so I bought the 660. I installed the 660 drivers after I uninstsalled the 650 drivers. I can't get it connected at all. I put the 650 card in and it connected and I can sync and surf. Any help would be appreciated to get the 660 working.

Are you sure the 660 works? Do you have access to another device you can install the card in to see if it is working?

Steve

Snobosh
01-13-2003, 01:49 AM
When I first installed it, it had link and signal strength. I turned off the machine and then had nothing. The green light still comes on when it is inserted, but I don't have any other machine to test on.