View Full Version : WLAN not working....

pocketcj7
01-12-2003, 09:58 PM
I just bought a D-Link 660W for 40 bucks from best buy, and i also got a wireless USB adapter for my computer recently. for some reason, i can't get either of them to work right. the wireless usb adapter is a microsoft mn-510 and for some reason doesn't seem to want to share the internet connection or any other network resources. i have a dial-up connection, but i wouldnt think that it would make much of a difference, as long as its shared to the right network adapter. from my pocket pc i can ping my desktop computer with XP home, and vica versa, but they dont really talk to each other....all i really want to do is share my internet connection over this connection, and maybe stream some music or something, but i am getting nowhere!!! its so frustrating, so if anyone can help me out, i will be very greatful. thanks in advance. andrew

Johnny Blaze
01-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok First of all double check your IP adress on your pocket pc. I use a netgear card that has a utility to show me cards current settings. IP adress should be 192.168.0.xxx . Secondly run the internet connection sharing wizard on your PC. Near the end it asks you if you want to make a disk choose the option not to.

Now on PPC go to connections and change the top option to use work settings. This should solve your problem if not modify the work settings to match correct properties for your pc and you should be set.