View Full Version : how do i send hard pauses? and pauses to store my voicemail password

vybe23
01-12-2003, 09:36 AM
how do i send pauses in my pocket pc phone dialer?

i want to autmoate loggin into to my voicemail account

on regular phones there is usually a "P" option for a pause...

i tried a "," but it didnt work...

any ideas of if this is possible? or is it a small thing left out?

ECOslin
01-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi,

Tried ',,,,'?

vybe23
01-13-2003, 08:01 PM
i did try that...it didnt work

i did

enter a new contact

in the number field tyed in for eg; 555-1234,,,,9098

9098 being the password...it didnt work.....what am i doing wrong?

Monty Gibson
01-13-2003, 08:05 PM
i did try that...it didnt work

i did

enter a new contact

in the number field tyed in for eg; 555-1234,,,,9098

9098 being the password...it didnt work.....what am i doing wrong?

Have you tried calling T-Mobile and asking them? Or going to their website and look at some of the F.A.Q.'s perhaps? I didn't realize that they were that in-depth, but supposedly they are. Cortex seemed to find an excellent article on how to setup a GPRS connection. I'm sure it's there... possibly. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Monty Gibson
01-13-2003, 08:42 PM
I spoke to a level 3 (Tier 3) support person in England just now. He stated that it's not a comma. He mentioned possibly a script on the terminal window but he stated that it would be strange to do it that way. Other than that he stated there really isn't a way to send a pause (this is T-Mobile talking). I am sure that someone, somehow will find a way to do this. The tier 2 support person offered to enter a "*" as this sends a "p" on Nokia phones. I may try this and see what happens... I'll get back with you on this.

UPDATED: No, that didn't work. Neither did the "#" key. I guess I will have to leave it to the England tech support person and state that it "can't" be done. Not yet anyway, until someone finds a tweak or something.

ctrout
01-14-2003, 04:53 AM
Just insert one or more lower case "p" to pause. On my voice mail, its two p's. This works on T-Mobile.

Monty Gibson
01-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Just insert one or more lower case "p" to pause. On my voice mail, its two p's. This works on T-Mobile.

Oh my gosh :oops:. Is it really that simple? I feel like and IDIOT :lol:. Thanks... I appreciate it :wink:.

ctrout
01-14-2003, 07:06 PM
If you think you feel bad, I had to have my CIO show me up on this one. :oops:

My days of being a cell phone Luddite have caught up with me.[/b]