View Full Version : NAV Pad / D Pad Patch

larryh
01-11-2003, 07:34 AM
I can't take credit for finding this one, but while cruising through the Dell forum, I noticed that several people had posted that Dell has a patch on their web site to enable the '5th' function (Click by presssing the middle) on the Nav Pad. Have it installed on my Axim and seems to work fine. :D

The file is located @ ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/R54079.EXE

etalianstallion
01-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Ooh, I'll have to give this one a try... 8)

Rirath
01-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Great to hear... this is why I can't stop checking this place, I would have never heard. ^_^ Should be front page news once we get some people confirming it works.

Nice work, Larry.

shawnc
01-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Great to hear... this is why I can't stop checking this place, I would have never heard. ^_^ Should be front page news once we get some people confirming it works.

Nice work, Larry.

I just installed this and it seems to work fine when playing MP3's. I'll report back if I have any trouble,

Great work Larry :D !

jecjr
01-24-2003, 05:05 PM
I can't take credit for finding this one, but while cruising through the Dell forum, I noticed that several people had posted that Dell has a patch on their web site to enable the '5th' function (Click by presssing the middle) on the Nav Pad. Have it installed on my Axim and seems to work fine. :D

This patch is no longer at the Dell website...could you email the file to me ?

Thanks and [email protected]

mirkazemisaman
01-24-2003, 05:08 PM

This patch is no longer at the Dell website...could you email the file to me ?

Thanks and [email protected]

I can't get it either, can someone email it to me too?

Steven Cedrone
01-24-2003, 05:13 PM
I know no one wants to do this but...

Why not contact Dell and find out why they pulled the patch, it may be causing serious problems with the Axim???

Steve

shawnc
01-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Why not contact Dell and find out why they pulled the patch, it may be causing serious problems with the Axim???

Steve

Ahhh......the voice of reason :wink: !

slothdog
01-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Word over on AximSite (http://www.aximsite.com/) is that the patch was pulled because the installer didn't work correctly with WinXP.

guinness
01-24-2003, 10:05 PM
I run XP and I had no problems with installing the patch; the only problem is that when navigating through the links on Dell's site, the page to d/l the patch wouldn't work, only the direct link would work.

TheBacklash
01-25-2003, 01:38 AM
I installed the patch a few weeks ago, on win2k, and it works great. (if anyone needed to know)

Roosterman
01-26-2003, 05:20 AM
I too run XP and had no problem. One of the threads on the Dell site is postualting that the people that have been having problems with transfering files to their ppc are mostly Dell PC owners. One poster mentioned that once he changed USB cards on his Dell PC all his problems went away.