View Full Version : Opps, I deleted iTask.gif

xiadix
01-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Can someone please pull it off their iPaq and post it so I can correct my iPaq. I have a 36xx, but I am pretty sure that the image from any version will prolly work.

KevG

How did I loose it? I was skinning my iTask, and overwrote the wrong file.

Johnny Blaze
01-14-2003, 05:27 AM
That file is in rom so a backup hard reset will restore it.

Steven Cedrone
01-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Can someone please pull it off their iPaq and post it so I can correct my iPaq. I have a 36xx, but I am pretty sure that the image from any version will prolly work.

KevG

How did I loose it? I was skinning my iTask, and overwrote the wrong file.

Back up your Pocket PC...
Hard reset Pocket PC...
Copy your missing file to your PC or a card...
Restore your Pocket PC...
Copy file back to the Pocket PC...

Steve

xiadix
01-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Ya, I thought of that after I posted the request, but I was still hoping to avoid that since it takes awhile to backup and restore. Hey, I guess I can backup to my CF card. I hear backing up to CF is quicker.

KevG

seanturner
01-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Do you still need it because i could probably just send you the GIF from my 5455...

Pony99CA
01-15-2003, 12:37 PM
That file is in rom so a backup hard reset will restore it.
If the file was in ROM, how could it be deleted? It might be able to be overlayed, but deleting it would be tough. It may be restored from the ROM, of course, but that's a slightly different thing.

iTask.gif on my 3870 shows properties of Read-only, System, Hidden and Compressed, but not ROM. As the file is compressed, would sending an uncompressed version of the file work? I copied the compressed one in my \Windows directory to my \Temp directory, and the one in \Temp does not show that it's Compressed, but both files are listed at 29.5 KB. :?:

Steve