View Full Version : Removing Microsoft Money from PPC

matyee
01-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I recently installed Microsoft Money 2003 onto my Axim. Then I tried to uninstall it using "Remove Programs" in the Settings folder. The program is gone from my Pocket PC except Money is still listed in the Remove Programs list. Have any ideas on how to get rid of Money from the Remove Programs list?

Thanks

robclif4d
01-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Delete all refs to MS Money from your registry.

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Delete all refs to MS Money from your registry.

If you are new to the Pocket PC, be careful with registry edits. Have you tried to do a soft reset?

Steve

matyee
01-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah I've tried multiple soft resets, but the listing still remains. How would I navigate through the registry to find the Money listing?

Thanks again

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, here is a free Registry Editor: www.phm.lu/Products/regedit.asp

Be sure to back up you Axim before "playing"...

If you haven't added alot of data/programs, you could always just do a hard reset...

Steve

vetteguy
01-09-2003, 07:28 PM
This was a known issue from a while back I believe...something about you had to re-run the installer from the desktop and then remove it from there. Just spitballing, but I think it was something like that.

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2003, 07:37 PM
This was a known issue from a while back I believe...something about you had to re-run the installer from the desktop and then remove it from there. Just spitballing, but I think it was something like that.

Good call, hope it's not too late though (matyee's probably hacking his registry even as we speak)... :wink:

Steve

matyee
01-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks again for the help. I haven't done anything with the registry yet, so I'll try the desktop solution when I get a chance. Does anyone here use Microsoft Money 2003 for the PPC?