View Full Version : Charging Time for the Extended 3400 mAH battery

PotPie
01-09-2003, 04:41 PM
I just received my extended battery from Dell. Ordered it on 1/7 and received it on 1/9. Anyway, does anyone know how long it takes to charge the extended battery to full capicity?? Is it the four hours like the standard one? I don't have my Axim users manual with me and I don't even know if it says anything about charging the extended battery.

Thanks!

Sslixtis
01-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Forever!! I don't know the actual charge time, but it does take considerably longer. I guess that makes sense since it is more than twice the capacity of the standard battery.

Sure is nice when you are using it but, what a pain to charge...I have the patience of a fruit fly. :oops:

Computer Ninja
01-10-2003, 06:51 AM
How much longer does this extended battery last for? Hours more, percentage more, than the one it comes with?

Sslixtis
01-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Well, as an example...and the only one I have :lol: I read an eBook with the backlight on Max, CPU on Auto for 7 hrs straight and the Extended Battery was still at 71%.

The Extended Battery fits into the battery well about the same as the HP Jornada 56X series Extended Battery did on the Jornadas. :wink: And if that doesn't really help you, it is twice as thick as the standard battery, but the same length and width.

Cheers!

Janak Parekh
01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Well, as an example...and the only one I have :lol: I read an eBook with the backlight on Max, CPU on Auto for 7 hrs straight and the Extended Battery was still at 71%.
7 hours straight? Could you see out of your eyes at that point? 8O

So if it's roughly ~ 30% per 7 hours, you're talking about 21 hours at Max brightness. Maybe > 25 hours at Low brightness. Wow!

--janak

Sslixtis
01-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Janak Parekh 7 hours straight? Could you see out of your eyes at that point? 8O

Yeah... :oops: What can I say, I'm a bit of an eBook addict. That day I finished one and started to read the next book in the series before my eyes had had enough. :P

The Extended Battery is a work horse. Now all I need is one of those cool new Sandisk CF Memory/WiFi cards and I'm set :wink: