View Full Version : E-310 Owners Untie!

azhiker
01-08-2003, 11:15 PM
No I did not mean unite, I meant untie our involvement with this orphaned, unsupported PPC. :?

What if we demanded that Toshiba cut us a deal. We send them our E-310's and they send us back new a E330 or E335! Heavily discounted or even free exchange!

Reason? Because they have been doing just that for some E310 owners who needed repairs. Also, the e-310 is no longer supported, has 32 Meg RAM instead of the 64 meg RAM - and it cannot connect to the Belkin keyboard Toshiba offers on their website for their other PPC's.

So e-310 owners, let's unite and UNTIE! :twisted: If Tohsiba reads this column, maybe they would see the worth of having our continued loyalty (unity?) :!:

fatboy_au
01-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Be nice to have the EUU3 for the e310

azhiker
01-09-2003, 06:05 AM
Yes, having EUU3 would be nice, and the E330 and 335 do come with that installed, so I'd like to see Toshiba allow us to trade in unspported units for ones that are. Go figure, the E310 had a life off only three months! :x

Delta737
01-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Well, I was actually planning to do about the same thing. I totally agree with you!! Toshiba TOTALLY abbandond us! We'll have to act!!!! :twisted:

guilmon
01-14-2003, 06:43 PM
I e-mailed and called repeatedly over a few weeks, and their sales rep's say that there is no way to exchange, trade in, or get a reduced price on a new e330 or 335, so we are basically screwed.

azhiker
01-15-2003, 12:35 AM
[/quote] e-mailed and called repeatedly over a few weeks, and their sales rep's say that there is no way to exchange, trade in, or get a reduced price on a new e330 or 335, so we are basically screwed. [quote]

If enough of us challenged them to consider it, and Toshiba realized they might loose all of us to another manufacturer, they might reconsider an exchange, or at least a discount on supported products. HP used to do this with their inkjet printers. Get a trade in value.

spursdude
01-15-2003, 01:05 AM
I've been too chicken to do so, but apparently the Compaq EUU3 update will work on any PPC, as it's not specific to Compaq or HP devices.

Although it's not the same as forcing Toshiba to provide service, it'll still probably work and suit your needs.

guilmon
01-15-2003, 03:19 AM
Azhiker:

Check out this website http://www.pocketpctechs.com/e310up.asp and wait for your warrenty to expire, your not going to want to get an e330 or 335, remember, NO (at least none that really matter) program's are optimized for xscale, so strongarms are still better.

Spursdude:

Just install euu3, it works and you'll love it if you use Media Player a lot, like me with my e310.

spursdude
01-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Azhiker:

Check out this website http://www.pocketpctechs.com/e310up.asp and wait for your warrenty to expire, your not going to want to get an e330 or 335, remember, NO (at least none that really matter) program's are optimized for xscale, so strongarms are still better.

Spursdude:

Just install euu3, it works and you'll love it if you use Media Player a lot, like me with my e310.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do a complete backup, then just go for it. If it screws up my device, I can always trade it in at CompUSA because of my special warranty.

hgwte
01-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Guys the EUU3 for Compaq works fine on all PCs. I have an Audiovox Maestro pocket pc and I had no problems. But I did a hard reset before actually installing the EUU3 update. And since I have all my pocket pc applications installed on my harddrive this works without losing important files.

guilmon
01-15-2003, 04:06 AM
Spurs, don't restore a backup from an old service pack. I hear from people that the backup will overright files (not permanently) dlls and such that have been upgraded be euu3. In other words, just manually backup all of your crucial data, like contacts (which shouldn't be too hard) and files word doc's, excel spreadsheets, pictures, audio, and others. Then, just copy and paste all of your stuff back to your device and reinstall all of your programs. Not to hard and takes about 20 minutes.

Delta737
01-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Spurs, don't restore a backup from an old service pack. I hear from people that the backup will overright files (not permanently) dlls and such that have been upgraded be euu3. In other words, just manually backup all of your crucial data, like contacts (which shouldn't be too hard) and files word doc's, excel spreadsheets, pictures, audio, and others. Then, just copy and paste all of your stuff back to your device and reinstall all of your programs. Not to hard and takes about 20 minutes.

Well, I used the Ipaq update on my e310, but I did NOT loose any data. Everything was still there (although I garuantee nothing of course, but everything was still on mine after the upgrade!!)