View Full Version : Audiovox EUU3? Yes? No? Have we been abandoned?

jpaq
01-08-2003, 10:52 PM
With the recent rumors of Toshiba's abandonement of E330 owners, are we to believe that they have also sent we Audiovox owners out to pasture as well?

Where is our EUU3?

Are we alone?

HELLO! Hello! hello????
ECHO! Echo! echo...

It's getting pretty dark and cold out here in No-Update Land......
:cry:

Anyone heard anything?

Covert
01-09-2003, 04:00 AM
Well the Compaq EUU3 works fine on the Maestro, but I do see your point about abandonment...not a good business strategy... :(

spursdude
01-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Well the Compaq EUU3 works fine on the Maestro, but I do see your point about abandonment...not a good business strategy... :(

Seriously? Somehow, that scares me...

yvilla
01-09-2003, 05:12 AM

Seriously? Somehow, that scares me...

I used it on my e550G. All's well.

jpaq
01-09-2003, 05:52 AM
Is Toshiba's ongoing support this poor with their other computer related lines?

If so, I have learned a valuable lesson...

yvilla
01-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Is Toshiba's ongoing support this poor with their other computer related lines?

I don't know about Toshiba, jpaq. Toshiba U.S. doesn't sell the e550G; it's Toshiba Japan's baby, which they licensed to Audiovox to sell here. But as much as I love my e550G, I'll never buy another Audiovox "supported" PPC. There is No support! :twisted:

Others will have to confirm, or not, whether it is the same with Toshiba.

Delta737
01-09-2003, 09:02 AM
I agree with you on the bad support

But if you want EUU3, just download the HP/Compaq Ipaq one. It's compatible with ANY PPC.

octop8
01-10-2003, 07:31 PM
any news on the e550g EUU3 update with Toshiba-specific fixes available in Japan? sigh..... :(

guilmon
01-14-2003, 06:36 PM
I used the hp/compaq ipaq euu3 on my e310 and it worked fine. No problems at all.

jpaq
01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
While ai appreciate the adxise that you all are offering about the Compaq update, I was hping for something, anything, from Audiovox or Toshiba. There must be a reason that they release the update to the OEM's and not to the general public on MS's site. Plus, I may be sending mine in for service soon. Don't want to void any warranty or support (support?....laughing :lol: ) by applying something not perscribed by the OEM.

guilmon
01-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Unless they look in your setting's just to be a-holes or something, they won't find out. But I really don't think this matters much, I mean, it is not like ripping apart an e310 and putting a screwdriver to its sound processor to get rid of these god-awful pops.

yvilla
01-15-2003, 02:07 AM
jpaq, according to Diane of Pocket PC PDA, there is a new person in charge of PDAs at Audiovox. She talked to him, about the lack of support generally and the Euu3 specifically, and he is promising that the Euu3 (at least for the e550G), will be coming out soon. See this thread: http://pocketpcpda.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206

Maybe new "concern" for us Pocket PC owners will result from the new leadership--well, we can hope, can't we? :?

Delta737
01-15-2003, 05:06 PM
jpaq, according to Diane of Pocket PC PDA, there is a new person in charge of PDAs at Audiovox. She talked to him, about the lack of support generally and the Euu3 specifically, and he is promising that the Euu3 (at least for the e550G), will be coming out soon. See this thread: http://pocketpcpda.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206

Maybe new "concern" for us Pocket PC owners will result from the new leadership--well, we can hope, can't we? :?

Hopefully they have such a change of personal at Toshiba PDA's as well!! :twisted: