View Full Version : Temp Files

tregnier
01-07-2003, 02:02 PM
I noticed a lot of files in my Temp menu on my iPaq. Is there a good reason for not deleting them when they are not of the current date? Or can I just delete them like I do on the desktop PC?

Thanks in advance!

ipaq38vette
01-08-2003, 03:17 AM
The temp files should be OK to delete. Some temp files become large and slow down your PPC.

If it really bugs you, you can move the temp files to another directory and see if there are any ill effects.

Dawson
01-08-2003, 03:24 AM
You can delete them with no problem. Battery Pack has a one click option to Clean up your temp files.

http://www.omegaone.com/PalmPC/BatteryPack.html

Pony99CA
01-08-2003, 03:31 AM
When I get them, there seem to be a lot, so I delete them using Windows Explorer.

However, the important question hasn't been asked. What creates these temp files?

Steve

ipaq38vette
01-08-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm not sure, but I think running applications on the Pocket Pc generates temp files to help the program run when reopened. For instance, delete any temp files including subfolders. Then open Windows Media Player. Go back to the temp folder and there should be an empty subfolder named Windows Media Player Temp. There is nothing in the folder for some reason. :? I don't notice a difference in application speed on PPC, but on a desktop when a larger program is loaded after a reboot, it takes some time. After closing the app, reopening time is much shorter.