View Full Version : Where's the dictionary?

Bully
01-06-2003, 04:28 PM
When I enter new words in a text file or sms message they are store somewhere on the device, which is nice, however, when I soft reset (often) this information is lost. Anyone know what the file would be called and could it be stored on the SD card perhaps?

Thanks

Monty Gibson
01-06-2003, 04:38 PM
When I enter new words in a text file or sms message they are store somewhere on the device, which is nice, however, when I soft reset (often) this information is lost. Anyone know what the file would be called and could it be stored on the SD card perhaps?

Thanks

That's an excellent question. I assume that it's either somewhere in the /Windows area of your Pocket PC or a hidden file that is stored on the ROM? Perhaps it writes to the ROM? I don't know but it is preloaded on the Pocket PC's when they arrive, which is why I thought perhaps it would be on the ROM itself. If that's the case then it wouldn't allow itself to be moved to an SD card. Also, it would probably be slow to suggest words if it were on an SD card and again, you may forget to put the correct SD card in the Pocket PC and then you'd be in a right fine mess :wink:. I know I would. Anyway, hopefully someone can clarify.

Bully
01-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Jeez! you really DO live here. thanks for your quick response, yeah I thought it wouldn't be straightforward, oh well maybe the next device will be perfect!

cheers

Monty Gibson
01-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Jeez! you really DO live here. thanks for your quick response, yeah I thought it wouldn't be straightforward, oh well maybe the next device will be perfect!

cheers

:wink: Told you that I make this my home. Actually, what happens is that I just keep this window open here in my office and everytime someone posts here I get an email sent to my Pocket PC and switch windows unless I'm with a patient. I like to give and get advice as much as I can in this forum.