View Full Version : Media 8.5 Problem

blang
01-06-2003, 04:24 PM
have all my music files on a pc card. 95% of the time, when I open the player, I get a message saying that it can't open my playlist and asks me if I want to open the local content. Sometimes when I reset it works OK or if I delete the playlists and then recreate them it's OK for a little bit.

I currently have my files under a created my documents folder\name of music folder.

Do all of the files have to be directly under my documents or is there another problem.

I have a 3955.

Thanks

MultiMatt
01-06-2003, 08:17 PM
I would suggest you check out WithMp3 (http://www.citsoft.net/product.asp?lang=ENG&menu=S).
It is a superior music player for the Pocket PC!
You get to try it out for an hour's worth of music before you'd need to purchase it. It's like $15 USD... well worth it!

Check it out!

Matt

blang
01-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

smittyofdhs
01-06-2003, 11:19 PM
have all my music files on a pc card. 95% of the time, when I open the player, I get a message saying that it can't open my playlist and asks me if I want to open the local content. Sometimes when I reset it works OK or if I delete the playlists and then recreate them it's OK for a little bit.

I currently have my files under a created my documents folder\name of music folder.

Do all of the files have to be directly under my documents or is there another problem.

I have a 3955.

Thanks

to answer your question, the files can be located on a sd card (or whatever external media) and they can be located directly under My docs, or in a subfolder within my docs. Currently, I have all my music on a sd card in a folder off the root called "My Music". Then there's subfolders under that for each artist.

blang
01-07-2003, 02:43 AM
What really puzzles me is the fact that my husband has the same setup and he has no problems. Why me?

I am using WithMP3 and it appears to work OK. I am not really crazy about the program but I work with it until the trail expires.

MultiMatt
01-07-2003, 02:55 AM
When you say PC card, do you mean a PCMCIA card? Or do you mean a CF or SD card?
You might want to try something like Flash Format to re-format your card - perhaps it is acting buggy.

Matt

blang
01-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Yes, it is a PCMIA card and it is brand new. Should there really be a reason why a new card would be doing this? I also have a 5 minutes video on this card and it works great through Pocket TV.

MultiMatt
01-07-2003, 03:00 AM
I have not had any experience with a PC Card - does your husband have the same setup? I'm curious to see if anyone else has some input about this...

Matt

blang
01-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Yes he does. I beta test several products so my IPAQ doesn't run as smoothly as his. But he is having absolutely no problems with his media player 8.5

vincentsiaw
01-07-2003, 04:50 AM
hey blang, i have the same problem before, if i try to open my playlist, WMA8.5 won't open it for me, but if i open local content, the file is there at the pc card, then i try to build a new playlist and it works, my guess is that your playlist file is somehow a bit corrupted, it do happens you know.... :roll:

blang
01-07-2003, 04:53 AM
I deleted all my playlists and recreated them. They work for awhile and then they don't.

blang
01-07-2003, 07:16 PM
I did a hard reset and before I loaded back any of my programs back, the error occurred again.

Well, it looks like I am going to reformat the card and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't do the trick, I am going to contact Kingston and see if I can get another card.