View Full Version : How do you eat yours?

ruffas
01-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Sorry, but it's almost time for Cadbury's Cream Eggs here in the UK and I thought that was funny :lol: ... What I actually meant was, what do you do with yours?

I am new to this forum and joined to find a reason I can convince my wife that I should buy an iPAQ. Let me know what you do with yours as I am struggling to justify it, while at the same time knowing that I must own one...

cheers, Ruffas

Ed Hansberry
01-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Sorry, but it's almost time for Cadbury's Cream Eggs here in the UK and I thought that was funny :lol: ... What I actually meant was, what do you do with yours?

I am new to this forum and joined to find a reason I can convince my wife that I should buy an iPAQ. Let me know what you do with yours as I am struggling to justify it, while at the same time knowing that I must own one...
Be a man! Don't justify it. Just say, "Honey, I'm getting an iPAQ. You can get one with me if you like, or you don't have to, but I am getting one."
That's how we do things in the US! :D

Sorry. Gotta go. The misses is telling me I've been on the PC too long. :lol:

FredMurphy
01-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Why don't you do what she probably does when she wants another pair of shoes - hide them at the back of the cupboard or tell you they were on sale and a real bargain. :lol:

Women - you can't live with them, you can't kill them and bury them in the woods. :?

Fred

ruffas
01-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Why don't you do what she probably does when she wants another pair of shoes - hide them at the back of the cupboard or tell you they were on sale and a real bargain. :lol:

Did that with the digital camera, eventually she came around to the idea until I told her we had to buy a printer for another £100!!! :?

Jimmy Dodd
01-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Everytime we are at the mall together and she starts looking at jewelry or clothes or something, I whip out my PPC and jot down all the details. Then when birthdays, Christmas, etc. comes around I have a wonderful list of items that I know she'd love to have that I've put together over the year. The trick is to make sure she knows what you're doing so the PPC gets the credit - that way upgrades are justifiable by suggesting that the new unit will hold a bigger list. :lol:

PhatCohiba
01-06-2003, 04:29 PM
My Favorite things to do with my IPAQ, (w/ WiFi card).

1) Check e-mail (both Internet IMAP & VPN + Exchange Server)

2) Browse Web ( Still in my 30 day trial of Thunder Hawk, don't think I can go back to Pocket IE)

editorial comments. These things can be done quickly and easily anywhere in the house. There is a certain pleasure in knowing that you don't have any unread messages.

Things to do when not connected:

1) Listen to MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis Music, or watch Divx Videos

2) Read eBooks. The IPAQ is a great platform for reading books, the resolution is good and the battery life is long enough.

3) Play games. There a a bunch of good games that are now available. Most are "GameBoy" like in quality and performance.

If you were to add up the costs of these devices separately:

1) MP3 Player 128mb ($150 - 200)
2) Game Boy ($70)
3) portable email and web browser ($999 + 150 base station)

Look at all the money you're saving by not buying all of those gadgets ;-)

lucia316
01-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Ruffas, you got to be a man. Go buy it and if she says anything, you say, "Woman, don't worry about it. Now go in the kitchen and make me a pot pie."

My wife started to give me grief about my e740 and I told her that when she stopped buying handbags and shoes and $80 jeans, I would stop buying things like the e740. We all know that will never happen, so we both win. No one complains about the other and if she does, refer to the quote above. Pot pie....good!

L316 8)

szamot
01-06-2003, 11:52 PM
You can tell her that iPAQ is what you really want but you would be happy with a Dell for example. Everyone wins....or you can do what I do in my house I make all the big decisions and my wife makes the smaller ones. She decides on trivial things such as where we will live, how big our next house will be, what car we will drive, how many kids there will be, where we will vacation this year etc, etc... I am still waiting form my Big decisions, but I have both the iPAQ and the DELL so I am doing something right :wink:

Tora
01-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Tell her you'll use it to carry around all those digital photos you have of her, so you can look at her all the time, no matter where you are.

That's how my boyfriend justified buying the cell phone that *I* wanted, for himself! :evil: But, with justification like that, I had to forgive him. :)

Trust me, your wife will like it!

Jhokur2k
01-07-2003, 02:57 AM
I've done all of the above with my Dell & my new gf :D Got her b-day, our anniversary of when we expressed our feelings *awwwwww* and other important info, plus a bunch of pictures of her :) Hehe we both live in the digital age - swap digital pictures via e-mail... now to maybe get her interested in an Axim :D Wouldn't be hard, after I showed her what it could do :wink:

PhatCohiba
01-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I forgot to say how handy it is to have a sync'd copy of my Outlook info: Calendar, Contacts, etc. But you probably new that, ever little "Free in a crackerjack box" pda does that.