View Full Version : YAHOO MAIL

urologyhealth
01-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Has anyone been able to setup sending and receiving YAHOO MIAL using INBOX on PocketPC2002?

I can receive but not send using same settings as Outlook 2002 on my desktop.

Thank you,

jmtrant
01-05-2003, 12:55 AM
The yahoo! outgoing mail server requires authentication...

To make sure this is enabled, go to your Yahoo! account in the Inbox and tap Tools->Options. Tap the Yahoo! settings under the Services tab, tap Next until you reach the Server information page, and tap the Options box. Be sure that the "Outgoing mail server requires authentication" is checked and tap Next until you come to the 3rd pane which lets you tap Finished. Hope this helps.

urologyhealth
01-05-2003, 01:27 AM
I've done all that and nothing seems to work.

I've even changed the outgoing to my verizon.net settings and that doesn't work.

thanks for your input.

Dave Beauvais
01-05-2003, 08:25 AM
I've done all that and nothing seems to work. ...
I'd make absolutely sure you're using the correct server names, username, and password. I set up this page (http://www.beauvais1.com/ppc/smtpauth.html) yesterday in an attempt to help another user with a different problem, but the screenshots on the page just happen to have the two Yahoo mail servers and another setting you need.

Do you get any error messages at all or does it simply not do anything? Don't bother contacting Yahoo for any help. I had a problem with my mailbox on their server a couple months ago, contacted them with a very clear description of my problem and got back a 2,000 word boilerplate response that, of course, had nothing at all to do with my request. It was very clear that whoever "Dan" in "Tech Support" is, he did not read my message before sending off a standard reply. But I digress...

--Dave

urologyhealth
01-05-2003, 03:03 PM
You are absolutely correct about trying to contact Yahoo directly, they give their extra long info as though you couldn't read their website.

I can receive mail, but not send. I had exactly your settings.In fact, when there is a message in the OUTBOX - I can't receive--it hangs and then I get-a box with-"The message could not be sent.Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.

I have Casio E-200 with latest update (EUU3) and my VERIZON mail works fine.

I'm going to delete the service.reset and try re-entering info again. I'm sure I've done this before.

Thank you for your interest.