View Full Version : Using IE offline pages with message boards

Zanne
01-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I ran into an interesting problem with synchronized IE web pages and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution to it.

I would like to read my favorite web-based message board on my Pocket PC. The message board is structured much like the forums here at Pocket PC Thoughts. I tried to set up IE to auto-download the message board's index page, and to travel one link deep on every link, so that I would have each message synchronized on my Pocket PC.

The problem I encountered is that, near the top of the index page is the "Logout" link - and after visiting that link, IE can no longer visit the rest of the links, because the message board is password-protected!

Has anyone succeeded in setting up IE (or any other program) to auto-download message boards without having it logout in this fashion?

Thanks,
Mark

bmhome1
01-04-2003, 09:07 AM
You might try NetFront web browser shareware. Its expensive and large ($30 and 6.5MB) but is very flexible and permits multiple pages opened along with many other features. Its also very fast compared to IE, particularly with presenting saved pages. Haven't decided whether to purchase after trial runs out yet.