View Full Version : I need the original "skin" for my Dell Axim..

js415
01-04-2003, 01:36 AM
Somehow, in the middle of deleting some skins I downloaded, I seem to have deleted the original "Dell" skin that came with it. Does anybody where or how to get it back. Or could somebody tell me where it might be posted??
Maybe e-mail it ot me???

Thanks,

Jerry

js415
01-04-2003, 02:12 AM
OK...forget my post. I knew it did not make sense when I wrote it. Somehow I managed to name a new "dell" skin the same same the original dell skin was named. When I deleted the new skin....the original was able to be seen by the OS again.

All is well with my new Axim.....this really is a great PPC.

Only none of my programs from my HP 548 will work on it....well......a lot of them wont anyway!!

Thanks,

Jerry

Sven Johannsen
01-04-2003, 03:58 AM
Only none of my programs from my HP 548 will work on it....well......a lot of them wont anyway!!

That is a bit unusual. It means you got SH3 specific programs. While those certainly exist(ed), most programs back then had ARM, MIPS, and SH3 cabs and just installed the correct one. If these were things you purchased, and have retained some documentation, you could try e-mailing the author(s) and seeing if they would alow you to get the ARM version since you changed PPCs. Several did that for me when I went from a 548 (SH3) to a 568 (ARM).

devhen
01-04-2003, 06:08 AM
js415,

i can upload my dell theme for you if you still need it - you just have to put it in My Device\Windows\ and the theme selector will find it (thats where it was orginially located)