View Full Version : ActiveSync problem (what a surprise)

FredMurphy
01-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Really having issues with ActiveSync at the moment. It all used to work fine. :x The problem seems to happen after I install my Socket WLAN card (which also works fine and used to Sync well).

Keep getting "Attention required" (currently on all EXCEPT Inbox - used to be JUST inbox). When I click on Resolve Items I get...

Items of one or more information types cannot be synchronised. Disconnect and reconnect your device.

To view all error messages and dialog boxes that require your attention, you must connect to this computer via infrared or serial/USB cable.

The really annoying thing is I get this even if I am connecting via USB. I've tried three hard resets and uninstalling ActiveSync (3.6).

Any suggestions?

Fred

Kevin C. Tofel
01-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Not sure what the problem is and I don't know if this would help, but when I have had ActiveSync problems in the past, I've browsed the log files that are created by ActiveSync.

On my NT machine they are text files in c:\temp and they are called:

wcesmsg.log
outstore.log
wcescomm.log

Even if you can't detect the problem you might get good info to pass along to Microsoft support (worst case)

KCT

Sven Johannsen
01-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Sounds like more of an Outlook issue than an AS or PPC one. Have you tried the Detect and Repair on Outlook? Under Help.

FredMurphy
01-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Tracked it down to working in the first sync after PC reboot but never after that. Nothing to do with my wireless LAN.

Outlook "Detect and Repair" seems to have worked. Thanks.

Fred