View Full Version : Buying Dell?

AndrewLubinus89
01-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi,
I am new at this forum and don't have a ppc yet but I have been interested in the Dell Axim. I live overseas and it would be too dificult to get a rebate on the dell but if I didn't have to fiddle with the rebate I could send it to someone in the states and when they come to visit they could bring it. So I was wondering if there is any other way I could get a Dell basic for $200 (ie third party sellers like Amazon.com)?
Andrew

dannyoneill
01-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Overseas where? dont forget yourll get a US powerpack with it and you may have trouble getting it for your country if its not avaialble there yet.

UK plans a release in feb with prices similar to the states (theres a first).

pocketeer
01-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Hi Andrew,
I'm living in Turkey...This is what I did in the day when Axim was first released. My cousin studying in the US. I just told him to buy for me from Dell's site. I think this is the only way you can order it. I didn't buy myself coz the purchaser and the person in the shipping address should be same to get the rebate. When it arrived, my cousin filled the rebate coupon and sent it. He came to Turkey 3 weeks ago. My Axim works perfect. Don't worry about the power adapter. It works in 100-240 V (here we use 220V) and 50-60 Hz. When my cousin gets back to the US he will receive the rebate....I hope :roll: