View Full Version : Pocket PC for me. Palm for wife. Need help syncing contacts.

looneytoone
01-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Here is my scenario. I have a HP548. Wife has Palm 515. She hates it but has to use it for her job. Our contact information is on Outlook 2002. Here is the issue. There are several contacts on our main Outlook 2002 that I dont want on my Pocket PC and there are several contacts that my wife does not want on her Palm. Is there a way to ensure that I do not sync her contacts and that she does not sync mine. We need this solution until she can free herself from the Palm. Please help.

Kati Compton
01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Here is my scenario. I have a HP548. Wife has Palm 515. She hates it but has to use it for her job. Our contact information is on Outlook 2002. Here is the issue. There are several contacts on our main Outlook 2002 that I dont want on my Pocket PC and there are several contacts that my wife does not want on her Palm. Is there a way to ensure that I do not sync her contacts and that she does not sync mine. We need this solution until she can free herself from the Palm. Please help.

I don't know if that's possible. If the Palm could assign multiple categories to appointments you could at least make it look for each of you like those contacts weren't there, but I don't believe they do...

JonnoB
01-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Why don't you just use three PST files and two profiles? Your profile has your contacts and your email. Her profile has her contacts and email. The third PST has just a contacts folder. You can then create a rule that copies these shared contacts into each of your own personal contacts folder.